Holidays for RTF

Highinthesky

I am going to the academy for RTF in Nov and Dec and wanted to see what days they have off for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Do they give Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving? And do you get Christmas and Christmas Eve off? It falls on a Tuesday and Wednesday so I'm assuming they don't give the other days of the week, but just wanted to check.

I am going to the academy for RTF in Nov and Dec and wanted to see what days they have off for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Do they give Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving? And do you get Christmas and Christmas Eve off? It falls on a Tuesday and Wednesday so I'm assuming they don't give the other days of the week, but just wanted to check.
I was there for initial back in 2011 from Oct 30-Dec 29 and they just give you the holiday but no day before or after unless it’s on a weekend.

It would just be the holiday. Some years the president will give Christmas Eve off to the federal workforce through executive order. But you wouldn’t know until that week.

You’re on an admin schedule while at the academy, so off for official federal holidays only.

It would just be the holiday. Some years the president will give Christmas Eve off to the federal workforce through executive order. But you wouldn’t know until that week.

Yeah, something I have sometimes planned for. But I am doubtful it will happen this year. Xmas on a Tues for sure will get the Eve manadated as a Holiday. Suppose to be cheaper to do it than have the gov open that Mon.

Back
Top Bottom