How long does it take for a facility to be upgraded?

HaZarDouZ

FAA
Facility
ZMA Miami Center
Once a facility finds out they’ll be upgraded how long does it take? ZMA got approved for level 12 but they’ve been waiting for years.

Anyone have any clue on this?

Once a facility finds out they’ll be upgraded how long does it take? ZMA got approved for level 12 but they’ve been waiting for years.

Anyone have any clue on this?
ZMA was denied level 12 during their arbitration.

Did ZHU ever get their 12? I know they were in arbitration for years.

The meetings continue. They are doing the validation SOMETIME this year they promise, but without the ocean traffic count. That was the hangup with the arbitrator, the disagreement in how to count those ops. If the validation comes back with upgrade numbers then the real negotiations will begin over how to pay controllers their backpay for almost 15 YEARS. If the validation comes up short, the union will appeal the disagreement with the ocean count to a different arbitrator.

That backpay issue is going to be a nightmare and the FAA will fight it to the death, assuming the upgrade goes through.

In happier news the NVT is still in meetings to develop an all new program to count enroute traffic. /s

We're in the process of upgrading now (again. Last time we were denied). As far as I understand, at least in the tower, once the upgrade is approved, you should see the backpay and higher payscale within one or two pay periods.

sandlot-for-ev-er-forever1.gif

/thread

When I worked at FXE and went from a 6 to a 7, total time frame was about 7 months from above the band to final upgrade

The meetings continue. They are doing the validation SOMETIME this year they promise, but without the ocean traffic count. That was the hangup with the arbitrator, the disagreement in how to count those ops. If the validation comes back with upgrade numbers then the real negotiations will begin over how to pay controllers their backpay for almost 15 YEARS. If the validation comes up short, the union will appeal the disagreement with the ocean count to a different arbitrator.

That backpay issue is going to be a nightmare and the FAA will fight it to the death, assuming the upgrade goes through.

In happier news the NVT is still in meetings to develop an all new program to count enroute traffic. /s
Is there any point of contact on this particular issue? A general direction to get more info? Did ZHU have NATCA backing them or did they have to fight on their own behalf with an outside law firm? I am sick and tired of waiting to be told no by someone in regards to the AZO upgrade being back paid or not to spring of 2020 because everyone at the higher levels is too afraid to address the elephant in the room.

Is there any point of contact on this particular issue? A general direction to get more info? Did ZHU have NATCA backing them or did they have to fight on their own behalf with an outside law firm? I am sick and tired of waiting to be told no by someone in regards to the AZO upgrade being back paid or not to spring of 2020 because everyone at the higher levels is too afraid to address the elephant in the room.
The NVT was having monthly meetings about automating the count starting with data from 2005 I think until they stopped providing the data. There has been start/stopping on several points of contention with whatever computer program they kludged together (military count, practice approach, etc) to parse the old data. COVID has thrown a huge wrench into whatever timeline they originally had. I don’t expect an answer soon and I don’t expect a positive answer at all.

Back
Top Bottom