How soon before AI & automation replace ARTCC controller functions?

I used to come to .65 for the hope of finding a way to clear tier 2..... now I come here to be witness to the smartassery.

Here's how I feel this thread is going so far.

giphy.gif

Smartassery fills the void that lack of CIP has scarred me with.

Hopefully this will be one of the next steps in the 804 consolidation process. Make every level 4 and 5 tower a remote tower run out of Leesburg. Make that place a “center” for towers, you need to check out on 8 or so per area and the facility is a level 10. Let the old controllers in the old towers go to where there is not 100% projected staffing, that would help staffing across the board.

this would be great. What to do though about the old "Pre 9/11 was busy!" guys who wont eat their peas, hit on the nurses, pee their pants on purpose, and sure as hell wont go to no Leesburg? You know there will be RAGE and retaliatory bangouts galore. Buyouts might work for them and the ARTCC controllers affected by the AI takeover. Theyd be in the hundreds of thousands at least. I was hoping for buyouts the last time that whole "the Corporation" Fiasco happened, and still am.

Sadly this thread has been more entertaining and informative than an elms course....

ASH SAVI again? :lol:

Here's how I feel this thread is going so far.

giphy.gif

Smartassery fills the void that lack of CIP has scarred me with.

this would be great. What to do though about the old "Pre 9/11 was busy!" guys who wont eat their peas, hit on the nurses, pee their pants on purpose, and sure as hell wont go to no Leesburg? You know there will be RAGE and retaliatory bangouts galore. Buyouts might work for them and the ARTCC controllers affected by the AI takeover. Theyd be in the hundreds of thousands at least. I was hoping for buyouts the last time that whole "the Corporation" Fiasco happened, and still am.

ASH SAVI again? :lol:
There is a procedure for buy outs/severance in the contract. You get about 1x your annual salary if you have 2 years in. That is fair, if you refuse to move to Leesburg or one of the other places with openings you should be lucky to get that.

I mean you've never been on an airplane? Lol

Well when I’m flying it’s day VFR and when I’m on an airline I’m not usually looking forward and certainly haven’t paid attention to runway lights. I know there’s some red and white and taxiways are blue but otherwise couldn’t tell you which is which

Back
Top Bottom