Projected CPC % to Target
-

Updated --/--/----

Operational Info​

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

I have a question on what's up with the training time here.
I was told that they make you train all 4 seasons on ground and then all 4 on LC. Also told they only allow you to train with the OJTIs dedicated to your team.

Anyone on here work/have worked at HPN?

I was told that they make you train all 4 seasons on ground and then all 4 on LC. Also told they only allow you to train with the OJTIs dedicated to your team.

Anyone on here work/have worked at HPN?
That's insane especially if they're not letting people train on ground/local simultaneously.

I can understand that to a degree, especially in places that have some extremely dynamic weather, but dragging it out for 32 months seems excessive.

what type of info are you looking for? I've heard mixed reviews. The ATM was previously ATM at my current facility.
Basically what you have answered already about the training time being so long for a facility that seems like it should be fairly easy to qualify at. But I guess that explains why it’s such a long process making you train a year plus on ground alone. I am heading their in January and just wanted an inside scoop of what I can expect as far as training and the type/amount of traffic they get there? Good places to live nearby that won’t break your bank? As it is a very high cost of living area being part of the NYC metro.

Basically what you have answered already about the training time being so long for a facility that seems like it should be fairly easy to qualify at. But I guess that explains why it’s such a long process making you train a year plus on ground alone. I am heading their in January and just wanted an inside scoop of what I can expect as far as training and the type/amount of traffic they get there? Good places to live nearby that won’t break your bank? As it is a very high cost of living area being part of the NYC metro.

I know they have a few flight schools based there with quite a few cirrus’. I’ve been told it can get pretty busy mixing air carriers in when you’ve got a few GA in closed traffic, especially when using Intersecting RWYs.

It’s gonna cost you a pretty penny to live anywhere in Westchester. You may be able to find somewhere a little more affordable further north of the airport, maybe 30-45 minutes away.

Curious about this facility, any updates to what's mentioned above? Hows training time and training environment now? How's staffing? Any chance of becoming category 1 or 2 in the near future?

Back
Top Bottom