Isola Bella Business Model Change

arturoh3

I’m currently staying at IB, we were informed yesterday, starting July 15th they will no longer provide breakfast/dinner, housekeeping services, internet and cable.

Regardless of the bad reviews this place has, I actually liked it here, it was nice having someone come clean your apartment and refill all your towels, toilet paper, soap, etc..The food while not gourmet it wasn’t terrible and it was one less thing I had to worry about.

Unfortunately with this change there’s no advantage in staying here, at least for me. I booked a room at Anatole, just FYI for future classes considering IB

That’s almost unbelievable man, everyone includes at least cable and internet, do they expect you to try to sign a deal with COX for 2 months? If it’s true that place is down their best attributes were the free food.

I'm sorry for all the FAA students who are having to find new housing on such short notice, and I'd love to make that easier on you guys!
Check out our listing on the resources page, we have a similar structure to IB, but we offer a bit more for FAA. You can always call or email me and I can answer any questions/book a room for you.

I'm sorry for all the FAA students who are having to find new housing on such short notice, and I'd love to make that easier on you guys!
Check out our listing on the resources page, we have a similar structure to IB, but we offer a bit more for FAA. You can always call or email me and I can answer any questions/book a room for you.
I've got a class on the 25th of July until aug 30th, do you have any rooms

I stayed at Sonesta for 2 weeks until an apartment I was waiting for opened up. I had 2 other classmates also stay here short term. It was good staying at Sonesta, no issues. Nice to have the breakfast in the mornings, the shuttle comes right to the front of the office, and its fairly close to the academy. A lot closer then IB.

Damn the free and convenient food is really the only thing that set that dingy place apart. I stayed there in 2012. The cooked food and free gym access is the only reason I chose it over others.

Stayed there in 2008 and it was all under construction from just changing over from some regular apartment community. It was pretty bad. I could go on and on but there wasn't any of that free shit then. The clubhouse wasn't even available.

These places are the equivalent of colleges who continuously raise rates in line with the absolute max amount of federal student loans available, leaving a millstone on your neck that drags you down. They always charge almost* exactly what you get in per diem. For $95 for lodging and $61 for meals... you can do a lot better than these penny pinchers. Even shitty roach motels have continental breakfasts where you can get your capn crunch, or generic equivalent!

images

p.s. still blows my mind that they didnt pay per diem to academy students during the white book. Bad!

These places are the equivalent of colleges who continuously raise rates in line with the absolute max amount of federal student loans available, leaving a millstone on your neck that drags you down. They always charge almost* exactly what you get in per diem. For $95 for lodging and $61 for meals... you can do a lot better than these penny pinchers. Even shitty roach motels have continental breakfasts where you can get your capn crunch, or generic equivalent!

images

p.s. still blows my mind that they didnt pay per diem to academy students during the white book. Bad!

When did they change the per diem rates?

As somebody who just started at the academy, per diem is:

$57 for housing that goes to the provider. Nobody can pocket extra here anymore
$38.60 for the “food” per diem. That’s still paid straight up to the students. Pocket all you don’t spend.

Thanks that's what I thought it was. Do any of the housing providers take your M&IE too?
Anything about the $57 comes from the student's pocket. That's pretty much only places for entire families. Otherwise no. That's why it's advantageous to use a provider that includes food. Pocket more of the M&IE. Pretty sure that's only Kim's and FAA Crashpads left that do this with IB backing out.

As somebody who just started at the academy, per diem is:

$57 for housing that goes to the provider. Nobody can pocket extra here anymore
$38.60 for the “food” per diem. That’s still paid straight up to the students. Pocket all you don’t spend.

Non new hires going back to OKC get this rate or the old for housing?

No, if you're returning for RTF or training for the other side of the house you will stick with the old process.
Idk pretty sure they told a guy at my facility that just got back from rtf to go fly a kite and that he couldn't keep difference. We did just get realigned to a new district within the last 8 months or so and they've been really screwing people over when it comes to travel costs associated with rtf and other training.

Back
Top Bottom