Terminal June 25th Terminal Basics

I was considering Kim's as well the only thing that has me on the fence is the supposed new per diem that the FAA is gonna roll out. Apparently you cant self pay anymore and pocket the difference. Which is kinda gonna mess up my plans because my family is staying behind and academy hourly probably wont be enough to get us through the three months so idk. I want confirmation from the FAA and not just word of mouth from the housing providers before making my decision on the housing situation.

I was considering Kim's as well the only thing that has me on the fence is the supposed new per diem that the FAA is gonna roll out. Apparently you cant self pay anymore and pocket the difference. Which is kinda gonna mess up my plans because my family is staying behind and academy hourly probably wont be enough to get us through the three months so idk. I want confirmation from the FAA and not just word of mouth from the housing providers before making my decision on the housing situation.
I called student services the other day to ask about a housing issue I was having and they asked me when my start date was. They said that since it was after June 1st that we wont be getting the self pay option. I was hoping to save some of that money as well, but it looks like it really is use it or lose it starting June.

I called student services the other day to ask about a housing issue I was having and they asked me when my start date was. They said that since it was after June 1st that we wont be getting the self pay option. I was hoping to save some of that money as well, but it looks like it really is use it or lose it starting June.

I appreciate the confirmation. Looks like its gonna be ramen and hot pockets for me to save money while in OKC.

I appreciate the confirmation. Looks like its gonna be ramen and hot pockets for me to save money while in OKC.
I'm currently at the academy and staying at Isola. I recommend staying here if you're really trying to save money. You get 2 meals a day and the food is actually not that bad. Shuttle picks you up and drops you off, so getting to the academy is no problem if you don't have a car.

Hey guys, I was originally given June 5th for terminal basics training but I pushed my start mind June 25th as well. I sent an email to Kim’s place to book a spot but haven’t heard back from. Every time I call seems to be a busy line. So are you guys going for Kim’s place or somewhere else?

I might be consider Isola because of the amenities. I'm still waiting to receive some packet or confirmation from the FAA on how to go about booking a location under their new rules where they don't allow you to pay out of pocket.

I might be consider Isola because of the amenities. I'm still waiting to receive some packet or confirmation from the FAA on how to go about booking a location under their new rules where they don't allow you to pay out of pocket.

You should call and reserve a spot ASAP at whatever housing provider you choose. I don't know of any place that requires a credit card or anything to hold the reservation, so there's no downside. If you wait until you receive a welcome packet, it's very likely that your first choice may be full.

As an aside, I stayed at IB for the amenities as well and had no major complaints, but I was able to pay a substantially lower rate and pocket the difference. I would describe the whole place as "fine". The food isn't gourmet, but it's always decent and free, which lets me pocket almost my whole food allowance. In the first month I was there, I was able to save about $1000 of unused food allowance by eating there. I didn't have a car in OKC, so having on-site food, gym, and Walmart a short walk away was a major selling point. That said, if I had a car and was paying the full $57 per day, I'm not sure I would have stayed there.

I start next Wednesday and my welcome packet came yesterday. 7 damn days before. Luckily I booked a room at the courtyard marriot immediately after getting my FOL

Honestly I think I will probably be staying at Kim's. I like the fact that there is a garage for my car in case we get a hail storm and the idea of living in an actual home as opposed to an apartment complex is refreshing. Now my biggest decision is the options. Option with 1 roommate and no food or 2 roommates and food included. I've been in contact with Kim and she is really kind and tries to bring students together on facebook and keeps everyone updated with whats going on locally.

Hey guys, I was originally given June 5th for terminal basics training but I pushed my start mind June 25th as well. I sent an email to Kim’s place to book a spot but haven’t heard back from. Every time I call seems to be a busy line. So are you guys going for Kim’s place or somewhere else?
I just sent you a msg :) are you calling 405-627-1259?

Back
Top Bottom