Medical Just got BQ. Do I stop Adderall use now? Am I disqualified?

They can’t get access to your medical records without going through you… just saying
I used to think this was insane and a guarantee you would fired when it catches up with you. But the FAA background and medical checks are so stupid I’ve seen many people get hired and brag about simply not disclosing whatever would have DQed them, and they never got caught. One guy even had a alcohol related arrest in the military and said “no” to have you ever been arrested and have you ever had a issue with alcohol because someone told him whatever “system” the arrest was don’t talk to the FAA system….. and he was right.

So I do think it is a major integrity thing to go that route, and I would not suggest to do it, I just can’t believe how easy it is to still pass though the system in most instances.

This dude doesn’t even have a TOL lol

To me that's like saying you don't need to be trying to solve a traffic situation because they're not flashing on the scope yet. The fact that OP is Best Qualified means they're extremely likely to get a TOL. The situation is red on EDST. Try getting ahead of the problem.

To me that's like saying you don't need to be trying to solve a traffic situation because they're not flashing on the scope yet. The fact that OP is Best Qualified means they're extremely likely to get a TOL. The situation is red on EDST. Try getting ahead of the problem.
Or just pick the next candidate and don’t waste time. You should want that too. We need more controllers. Not someone that’s going to take 3 years to get to the academy.

Or just pick the next candidate and don’t waste time. You should want that too. We need more controllers. Not someone that’s going to take 3 years to get to the academy.

The time thing is really a moot point. If someone is willing to put in the time, and money (ON THEIR OWN DIME), to overturn an inevitable medical disqualification, then yea, I want them to at least have a shot. It's not like the FAA is going to select someone else once they reach that point. The FAA will send out their requisite number of TOLs from those who are deemed worth from their ATSA score and call it a day. Very unlikely they'll go back after 4 or 5 months and send out additional TOLs because someone failed their medical. I'm not going to root against someone who wants the job bad enough to go through the FAA's hoops. Don't like the hiring process? That's fine, but don't root against someone who is caught in the FAA's bullshit. We're still going to need applicants in 3 years.

And yes, should they get their disqualification overturned they will get a shot at the Academy, barring any other disqualifying status. Happened to me. I got accepted off the 2015 bid but didn't get to the Academy until 2019 after I got my medical sorted.

Someone said it before but I think we’d have the safest and most efficient airspace in the world if you had to pop one adderall when you stepped through the front door every shift.
It would also make the day mid shift easier... and I could probably break out of Master Guardian on CSGO too. I see no down sides.

It would also make the day mid shift easier... and I could probably break out of Master Guardian on CSGO too. I see no down sides.
I could probably focus long enough to beat Sword and Shield on my Switch I definitely didn’t buy to keep me busy at work. Or finish the book I started writing 10 years ago. Or frankly probably a lot of things lol lose weight due to appetite suppression. But also, shit’s like meth and there’s a fine line between using it and abusing it.

The time thing is really a moot point. If someone is willing to put in the time, and money (ON THEIR OWN DIME), to overturn an inevitable medical disqualification, then yea, I want them to at least have a shot. It's not like the FAA is going to select someone else once they reach that point. The FAA will send out their requisite number of TOLs from those who are deemed worth from their ATSA score and call it a day. Very unlikely they'll go back after 4 or 5 months and send out additional TOLs because someone failed their medical. I'm not going to root against someone who wants the job bad enough to go through the FAA's hoops. Don't like the hiring process? That's fine, but don't root against someone who is caught in the FAA's bullshit. We're still going to need applicants in 3 years.

And yes, should they get their disqualification overturned they will get a shot at the Academy, barring any other disqualifying status. Happened to me. I got accepted off the 2015 bid but didn't get to the Academy until 2019 after I got my medical sorted.
I’ll accept this if OP retakes the ATSA since they likely were on adderall when they took it.

Time to move on to cs2 friend.
Oh believe me im trying lol, I started training again at a new facility so my play time was cut and rank expired. Heard they were giving out invites if you have an active rank so i got one the other day.. just waiting it out now. It looks good.

Back
Top Bottom