Last minute ATC privatization effort

11 SEC. 5ll. FAA ORGANIZATIONAL REFORM.

12 (a) AEROSPACE MANAGEMENT ADVISORY COUN13 CIL.—

14 (1) IN GENERAL.—Section 106(p) of title 49,

15 United States Code, is amended to read as follows:

16 ‘‘(p) AEROSPACE MANAGEMENT ADVISORY COUN

17 CIL.—

18 ‘‘(1) IN GENERAL.—Not later than 60 days 19 after the date of enactment of the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018, the Secretary shall establish an 21 Aerospace Management Advisory Council (in this 22 section referred to as the ‘Advisory Council’). 23 ‘‘(2) FUNCTIONS.—The Advisory Council—

1 ‘‘(A) shall recommend to the Secretary 2 candidates to serve as the Chief Operating Officer; 4 ‘‘(B) shall provide advice to the Secretary 5 and the Chief Operating Officer on issues that 6 affect or are affected by the operation of the air 7 traffic control system and the provision of air 8 navigation services;

9 ‘‘(C) shall function as the primary advisory 10 resource for management, policy, spending, and 11 regulatory matters under the jurisdiction of the 12 Chief Operating Officer; and 13 ‘‘(D) may review and issue recommendations on— 15 ‘‘(i) the rulemaking and procurement 16 benefit-cost analysis process; 17 ‘‘(ii) any rulemaking or procurement 18 benefit-cost analysis associated with the air 19 traffic control system as the Advisory 20 Council, the Secretary, or the Chief Operating Officer may decide; 22 ‘‘(iii) the process by which the Administration determines whether to use advisory circulars and service bulletins; and

‘‘(iv) the performance of the Chief 2 Operating Officer with respect to the responsibilities of the Chief Operating Officer.

5 ‘‘(3) MEMBERSHIP.—

6 ‘‘(A) IN GENERAL.—The Advisory Council 7 shall consist of 13 members, who shall consist of ‘‘(i) a designee of the Secretary of 10 Transportation; 11 ‘‘(ii) a designee of the Secretary of 12 Defense; 13 ‘‘(iii) 1 member appointed by the Secretary of Transportation from among the 15 individuals who are the national officers of 16 the exclusive bargaining representative, as 17 certified under section 7111 of title 5, of 18 air traffic controllers; and 19 ‘‘(iv) 10 members appointed by the 20 Secretary of Transportation to represent 21 the interests of the aviation industry, including— 23 ‘‘(I) passenger air carriers; 24 ‘‘(II) cargo air carriers; 25 ‘‘(III) regional air carriers;

1 designee for Secretary of Transportation
1 designee for Secretary of Defense
1 designee for NATCA
10 for passenger/cargo/regional Air Carriers

None for GA.. Am I reading that right?

1 designee for Secretary of Transportation
1 designee for Secretary of Defense
1 designee for NATCA
10 for passenger/cargo/regional Air Carriers

None for GA.. Am I reading that right?

Correction*

‘‘(IV) general aviation;