Leaving NATCA outside January

I will honestly profess that I was immeasurably lucky with how the stars aligned for my career progression. It seems for most controllers over the last several years that the truest adage for career progression is "it's better to be lucky than good."

I believe my reasoning is too extensive and, more importantly, I am too long winded to have one succinct and poignant post on how and why I feel the way that I do.

My bitterness and disappointment towards NATCA has extremely little to do with matters and leaders at the local level; I have no ill will or feelings of animosity towards them at all (although they might not feel the same towards me after my departure). I have had several incidents at the regional and national level over the past 5 years that have soured my faith in it being an association of members and instead something far more pernicious.
Please share these incidents

Everything above the local level is why I decided to finally leave. I have had several bad experiences with both the regional and national levels since I joined; compound that with the generic complaints that are listed by the legion of disaffected above and I'm finally past my limit. I just consider myself lucky that I am done trying to transfer or do anything that requires cooperation.
Jesus Christ I need an advil What a story this is. We have to be entering a white book style twilight zone soon.

Any word on if a lot of people left the union again this year? If Mick Devine going to send out another email? I wonder if the bloodletting was completed last year or if NATCA will continuously see about 200-250 people leave a year when it used to be 40 or less.

It might be hard to tell looking at the overall members as they are busting their balls to sign up the shit contract towers nobody cares about to offset true FAA union members leaving.

Any word on if a lot of people left the union again this year? If Mick Devine going to send out another email? I wonder if the bloodletting was completed last year or if NATCA will continuously see about 200-250 people leave a year when it used to be 40 or less.

It might be hard to tell looking at the overall members as they are busting their balls to sign up the shit contract towers nobody cares about to offset true FAA union members leaving.
They lost over 500 last year. A normal year is around 200ish I believe. I don’t expect to see another mass exodus this year though. The complaints seem to be back to normal lol.

A lot has annoyed me about NATCA but one of the worst things imo is that Trish and Paul got massive pay raises/salaries. Their pay raises should be tied to ours. Gives incentive to get us more pay.
Uhhh what massage pay raises are you referring to? Had their raises been tied to ours over their 12 years in they would have made far more than they were when they left…

Bid DOD jobs bro, it’s amazing. M-F Holidays off, Annual can’t be denied, and there’s spot leave.
Totally depends on the facility. DOD civs usually got some holidays off but schedule always rotated. We had 4 day work weeks, 2 nights followed by 2 days. Marines worked the Tower mids, one civ and one marine work radar mids. This was at NKT.

Totally depends on the facility. DOD civs usually got some holidays off but schedule always rotated. We had 4 day work weeks, 2 nights followed by 2 days. Marines worked the Tower mids, one civ and one marine work radar mids. This was at NKT.
Im sorry you had to work across from the GSB civilians. God damn are they some of the most incompetent people. Except for my buddy James. He’s a sweetheart.

Im sorry you had to work across from the GSB civilians. God damn are they some of the most incompetent people. Except for my buddy James. He’s a sweetheart.
I was in the tower 90% of my time there so I never had to talk to them for the most part outside of coordination working radar data ?.

Back
Top Bottom