Medical exam

Rotorspinner

Lurker
Hi this is actually a two part question first I am up for my first medical exam since being employed, am I able to pick my own examiner? And 2 how often is the auditory exam done?

Solution
Hearing exam is given every time. Per the contract you should be given a list of AMEs in your area assuming there’s more than one. And you start going every year at age 40 with an EKG at 40, 45, 50 and then every 2 years after that.
I’ve always been told who I was going to see and when. If you pick someone yourself how do get the ATM to go with someone other than their go-to?

Hearing exam is given every time. Per the contract you should be given a list of AMEs in your area assuming there’s more than one. And you start going every year at age 40 with an EKG at 40, 45, 50 and then every 2 years after that.

Solution
I was literally given a spreadsheet of AMEs across the country and told to just schedule something during my current onboarding between TOL/FOL. I was also asked to note what AME I wished to go to on the medical interview form I received before filling Medxpress, at least 10 days in advance.

That list doesn't include every AME out there in my area. The ones recommended by my CFI and local pilot friends aren't there :/. The one I used for my second class medical years ago also isn't there.

Locally around me there are three practitioners, one of which is a HIMS AME, the other two aren't. Mind you I'm in the Northeast.

As an FAA employee I have never been given a choice of who I wanted to see. It is scheduled for me by an OM and paperwork shows up in my mailbox telling me when and where.

For the physical when getting hired I don't feel like I had a choice either but I'm guess there aren't too many AMEs in Grand Forks.

I was literally given a spreadsheet of AMEs across the country and told to just schedule something during my current onboarding between TOL/FOL. I was also asked to note what AME I wished to go to on the medical interview form I received before filling Medxpress, at least 10 days in advance.

That list doesn't include every AME out there in my area. The ones recommended by my CFI and local pilot friends aren't there :/. The one I used for my second class medical years ago also isn't there.

Locally around me there are three practitioners, one of which is a HIMS AME, the other two aren't. Mind you I'm in the Northeast.
You have to use someone on the list. A pilot friend of mine also recommended someone not on the list, but the FAA will only approve the ones on the list.

As an FAA employee I have never been given a choice of who I wanted to see. It is scheduled for me by an OM and paperwork shows up in my mailbox telling me when and where.

For the physical when getting hired I don't feel like I had a choice either but I'm guess there aren't too many AMEs in Grand Forks.
I haven’t either but I’m sure if I walked into my ATMs office and demanded to see a list or go to the other AME across town it wouldn’t be a problem. Pretty sure everyone goes to the same one for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom