Mick Devine - I'm Trying to Save You $600k!

If you asked Nick to stop spending for one year we can hire every negotiator on earth

Unfortunately we’ve proven it can be done with OT with only a few small examples otherwise.
Exactly. The Agency has figured out the optimal profitability sweet spot for staffing. Keep nationwide CPC percent staffing in the low 80s and supplement the rest with OT. They understand their cost, competition, and customers for our services. As a Union, they have to disrupt these numbers before we see any real change in staffing.

Exactly. The Agency has figured out the optimal profitability sweet spot for staffing. Keep nationwide CPC percent staffing in the low 80s and supplement the rest with OT. They understand their cost, competition, and customers for our services. As a Union, they have to disrupt these numbers before we see any real change in staffing.
You guys give the agency way too much credit. The staff situation isn’t some big brained thing. It’s the result of a series of shooting themselves in the foot, gov shutdowns, bad hr policies for hiring and placement, bad pass rates, putting hiring sups as the priority, etc. It’s not some massive omg we can do it cheaper this way by paying OT. Since this has been a problem the FAA has had how many administrators?

But we do need a better contract which puts the pressure back on the FAA to fire better or to pay us a whole lot more to
Cover the shortage

Have the entire workforce stop showing up for OT.

You guys give the agency way too much credit. The staff situation isn’t some big brained thing. It’s the result of a series of shooting themselves in the foot, gov shutdowns, bad hr policies for hiring and placement, bad pass rates, putting hiring sups as the priority, etc. It’s not some massive omg we can do it cheaper this way by paying OT. Since this has been a problem the FAA has had how many administrators?

But we do need a better contract which puts the pressure back on the FAA to fire better or to pay us a whole lot more to
Cover the shortage
I'll agree all those things happened, but you aren't giving the finance people any credit. The individuals making these decisions aren't your former dumbass OS or OM with an ATC background that some how keeps getting promoted. These individuals have business, finance, and law backgrounds. Think about it, all those set backs you listed happened over several years. Some how CPC staffing numbers have stay practically the same during the same time. Do you really think that happened by some accident or dumb luck? There are plenty of idiots working for the government but there are also some really sharp individuals that know what they're doing.

Last edited:
I'll agree all those things happened, but you aren't giving the finance people any credit. The individuals making these decisions aren't your former dumbass OS or OM with an ATC background that some how keeps getting promoted. These individuals have business, finance, and law backgrounds. Think about it, all those set backs you listed happened over several years. Some how CPC staffing numbers have stay practically the same during the same time. Do you really think that happened by some accident or dumb luck? There are plenty of idiots working for the government but there are also some really sharp individuals that know what they're doing.
It happened because every time the academy gets going full stream some gov shutdown or sequestration or pandemic happens. But like you said the accounts are smart. So we need to get some bigger premiums on OT and hourly and the accountants will come up with a different solution!

I don’t know about you this, I have met some of these people, and I can confirm most of them suck.

You want to see a real pay disparity? Look at what the FAA pays their attorneys and top business and finance people and compare that to the limitless salary potential and hundreds of high end corporations they could work for. If those people has true talent, 90% of them would jump to the private sector and make huge money. Remember when Jon Bennet Ramsey’s dad got a 82K “Christmas Bonus”? Those are the kind of perks for the highest end business/finance/law people capable of creating decades long master plans, those people don’t work for the FAA.

I don’t know about you this, I have met some of these people, and I can confirm most of them suck.

You want to see a real pay disparity? Look at what the FAA pays their attorneys and top business and finance people and compare that to the limitless salary potential and hundreds of high end corporations they could work for. If those people has true talent, 90% of them would jump to the private sector and make huge money. Remember when Jon Bennet Ramsey’s dad got a 82K “Christmas Bonus”? Those are the kind of perks for the highest end business/finance/law people capable of creating decades long master plans, those people don’t work for the FAA.
Most do jump to the private sector. This forum is crazy. One day the government is the mastermind for the entire US economy and fully responsible for all the successes or failures. The next day they can't forecast 15,000 jobs in one of their departments.

Most do jump to the private sector. This forum is crazy. One day the government is the mastermind for the entire US economy and fully responsible for all the successes or failures. The next day they can't forecast 15,000 jobs in one of their departments.
This is called the Joe Biden

Back
Top Bottom