Mick Devine - Too Much Overtime! Controllers Are Being Exploited by the FAA

He is regurgitating the right points but not giving any sort of reason that makes him more qualified. It would be nice to hear one of them take some ownership or responsibility for why they deserve our vote. Also, if the contract negotiations actually happen, it seems like things are imminently going to head to arbitration.

He is regurgitating the right points but not giving any sort of reason that makes him more qualified. It would be nice to hear one of them take some ownership or responsibility for why they deserve our vote. Also, if the contract negotiations actually happen, it seems like things are imminently going to head to arbitration.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Mick’s entire campaign is: “the establishment has fucked you over” - while he himself has actively been a part of the establishment for going on a decade. He’s been an ARVP or RVP since 2017. The fact he takes no ownership or responsibility is absurd. Dude is a fucking weasel.

What percentage of controllers is on the yes list for OT? It's gotta at least be over half. Hell, probably over two-thirds
Not sure if this is the case other places, but a large majority of our yes-listers are only on the yes list in order to guarantee a specific day and shift of OT because their schedule cannot accommodate the constant fluctuations at the agencies whims. Being on the yes list almost guarantees them OT on their first RDO, mostly day shifts. They aren’t on it for the money. They’re on it because there’s no other way to schedule your life around OT and our facility does write leave abuse letters. Even after that, it’s about 40% on the yes.

What percentage of controllers is on the yes list for OT? It's gotta at least be over half. Hell, probably over two-thirds
1/2 at my facility. Tough because the increasing cost of life has forced the younger guys to go yes. Rent for an apartment for them is double my mortgage. A lot of yes listers are on because they have to. Just my experience.

Not sure if this is the case other places, but a large majority of our yes-listers are only on the yes list in order to guarantee a specific day and shift of OT because their schedule cannot accommodate the constant fluctuations at the agencies whims. Being on the yes list almost guarantees them OT on their first RDO, mostly day shifts. They aren’t on it for the money. They’re on it because there’s no other way to schedule your life around OT and our facility does write leave abuse letters. Even after that, it’s about 40% on the yes.
But is Jamaal any better? We need a third option.

If there’s any intent to negotiate a new contract it needs to be signed nlt January because it’s all too likely otherwise they will be negotiating with a Trump administration

There is a third candidate.

Justin Dailey. Boston. It’s the only hope.

Mick has had 7 years to make changes. He did nothing but go along for the drinks and hotel points. He has had his free lunch. His time now needs to be on the boards.
Justin isn’t running for EVP. Mick and Jamaal are.

Back
Top Bottom