N90 - All Source Bid 10/4/17

Thanks for the update Stinger. Does the TETRA class take the place of the assumed TSEW and N90 specific class?
Looking at...
Basics (25 days, Pass/Fail)
RTF (20 days, Pass/Fail)
TETRA (TBD, Pass/Fail)

?
I'm pretty sure TSEW is still a requirement, just not a graded one. It'll be between RTF and TETRA.
What is TETRA?

The new extra special N90 Radar Assessment course.
Ten Eleven Twelve Radar Assessment.

Jeez.. god forbid they actually take advantage of the money spent and send them through the tower track or to a stand alone tracon somewhere else instead of just canning them (if they pass basics/rtf but fail tetra).

I'm pretty sure TSEW is still a requirement, just not a graded one. It'll be between RTF and TETRA.

The new extra special N90 Radar Assessment course.
Ten Eleven Twelve Radar Assessment.

Is the TETRa definitely being considered a class rather than a workshop like TSEW? That's pretty jacked up to fire someone essentially for good over that. If it's like our lab that shit ain't easy.

I wonder if this bid will still have the 31 Age limit, or if they will bump it to 35 like the prior experience. Or bump it to 35 if you have prior experience.

Would it pay to apply for this if you also applied to the July bid and scheduled to take the ATSA, not sure if it would mess up one or the other.

Would it pay to apply for this if you also applied to the July bid and scheduled to take the ATSA, not sure if it would mess up one or the other.

Do you live within 50 miles of Westbury? Believe that's a requirement

Do you live within 50 miles of Westbury? Believe that's a requirement

What’s? Requirement? How about people actually want to go there and doesn’t live within 50 miles of n90, ok I’ll use my family’s address hahah they won’t come and check right!?!? Hahah...

What’s? Requirement? How about people actually want to go there and doesn’t live within 50 miles of n90, ok I’ll use my family’s address hahah they won’t come and check right!?!? Hahah...
I'd absolutely do that. Hell I'd encourage anyone interested to get a P.O. Box within 50 miles.

Read the thread. Half the posts in it address that.
I apologize, as I do not see any specific reference as to whether an OTS academy washout could still get hired for the N90 bid. (Is it a considered a different type of announcement)
Does anyone know the answer as to whether they could or not? I only see that they can get hired for a previous experience bid.

I'm trying to find out if someone fails the Academy for N90, are they eligible to apply for other general public announcements?
I would assume it's the same, fail the Academy once and you're done for future bids too.
My understanding is that you can't be selected on the same type of bid that you failed out on. IE if hired ots, you can't be rehired on an ots bid, but could be hired on a prior exp bid. But we all know people who slip through the cracks. My friend failed the academy in the enroute track and was given a tol for a prior experience bid about 6 months later.
Per the SOP for the assignment of academy trainees. HR is suppose to remove all applicants that have previously failed at the academy regardless of which track they failed. (Terminal/Enroute/RTF)

"Within 2 business days of accepting the referral list, ATO Management Services, Technical Requirements and Forecasting, Air Traffic Team (AJG-R41) will review the list to determine if there are candidates that have previously been selected, and were unsuccessful in required training at the FAA Academy or a field facility. These candidates will be removed from further consideration."

Like AJMezz said, you can wash from an OTS bid and be hired for a previous experience bid. If you're hired from a previous experience bid and wash at your facility and your employment is terminated, you are not eligible for OTS bids.
Just heard that if you are in the first two classes at OKC and fail you will be allowed to apply again to open bids. However anyone after the first two classes that fails will not be eligible to reapply
Yep, that's the way they're currently leaning, but it could change still.
There's three times someone can fail out of the Academy for N90. Basics, RTF, and the new TETRA class. So even though someone passes all the current requirements (basics and rtf) to go to a tracon, but fails in tetra, they will be terminated and not eligible to attend the Academy again (unless you're in the first two classes.)

Back
Top Bottom