Natca Date Wrong for Bidding

CF

Assistant to the Regional Moderator
I ♥ pointSixtyFive
If a facility has already bid a couple rounds of leave and RDOs then they realize someone’s natca date was wrong and they should have bid earlier do you rebid everyone? Or what’s the solution.

I mean it's still November of 2020...I'd say rebid, especially if the person claimed some primo holidays or something. It's pretty much up to your rep I'd assume though, so it would likely depend on how much they care

Seniority date is different depending on the type facility your at. Centers use first day of FAA as seniority and Tracons use first day assigned to your facility. SF-50 issued after academy has the date on it.
I'm pretty sure you're wrong. It should be the same regardless of facility type.

Article XV - Seniority
Section 1. The following shall be used to determine seniority for the National Air Traffic Controllers Association:
a) Cumulative NATCA Bargaining Unit Time;
b) First Tie Breaker: NATCA Bargaining Unit Time;
c) Second Tie Breaker: EOD/FAA;
d) Third Tie Breaker: SCD;
e) Fourth Tie Breaker: Lottery. The lottery shall be determined at the local level.

Seniority date is different depending on the type facility your at. Centers use first day of FAA as seniority and Tracons use first day assigned to your facility. SF-50 issued after academy has the date on it.

This is incorrect. Some facilities use time in the building to determine who trains first, so a higher seniority transfer won't jump the line of guys who have been waiting a long time, but that has nothing to do with seniority for leave and RDO bidding purposes.

If a facility has already bid a couple rounds of leave and RDOs then they realize someone’s natca date was wrong and they should have bid earlier do you rebid everyone? Or what’s the solution.
I would approach the member in question, and ask if they are okay with how everything has gone.

if that member wants to re-bid, I don’t see how you can get away from doing that since you violated the constitution and they could file an internal grievance.

that being said I would mention to them that it will A: make everyone dislike them B: cause schedules not to be able to be posted accurately in PP02, and C: show that they really weren’t paying attention considering that everyone should have had the seniority list / roster from the first day of bidding.

I noticed this happened to me this year somehow, on day one I had the rep run the official report from Unionware and got it straightened out.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. It should be the same regardless of facility type.

Article XV - Seniority
Section 1. The following shall be used to determine seniority for the National Air Traffic Controllers Association:
a) Cumulative NATCA Bargaining Unit Time;
b) First Tie Breaker: NATCA Bargaining Unit Time;
c) Second Tie Breaker: EOD/FAA;
d) Third Tie Breaker: SCD;
e) Fourth Tie Breaker: Lottery. The lottery shall be determined at the local level.
If your tie breaker date is wrong that something to go through your rep? Or was it a mistake by HR on boarding when you’re first hired?

If your tie breaker date is wrong that something to go through your rep? Or was it a mistake by HR on boarding when you’re first hired?
Why is it wrong? Were you military or previous fed or is it just plain wrong as in it doesnt match the date you started the academy? Either way. That date is on your les under comp date which you can show your rep.

Why is it wrong? Were you military or previous fed or is it just plain wrong as in it doesnt match the date you started the academy? Either way. That date is on your les under comp date which you can show your rep.
Military time. It was right last year and then sometime this year it just changed. Was just wondering the Avenue on who to bug about it. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom