NATCA Email COVID-19

Not even gonna take that... Once the kids start staying home from school this is gonna turn into a shit show real fast up and down the agency with sick hits, let alone people actually being sick.

I was told if I remain calm the temps will warm up and this will just self correct though, no need to get excited this is all a hoax.

i know you’re saying it sarcastically, but the amount of people saying the warm weather thing boggles my mind. I mean, it’s summer in Australia and Singapore right now and it’s there. And Italy and Iran aren’t really known for their cold climates.

I wonder where the 14 days came from, that's the incubation period of the disease not an actual sick period.

I wonder where the 14 days came from, that's the incubation period of the disease not an actual sick period.
From what I’ve read the longest incubation time they’ve seen. Most people show symptoms in 4-5 days.

From what I’ve read the longest incubation time they’ve seen. Most people show symptoms in 4-5 days.

I feel that, but why are they keeping the admin time to the incubation, if you actually contract it shouldn't that be included as well since it's considered a pandemic?

I feel that, but why are they keeping the admin time to the incubation, if you actually contract it shouldn't that be included as well since it's considered a pandemic?

I can’t remember if it was you HAVE it or you were exposed to it, which might make more sense for the 14 days. Plus for most people once they start showing symptoms they recover in 4-5 days

I’m an in area with a bunch of cases, probably . (Hard to know since the testing has been almost nil). The public health departments here have gone from making everyone quarantine who comes into contact with someone infected to only if you show symptoms.

Basically admitting we can’t stop the spread and just try to let it go as slow as possible.

Idk about anyone else but my facrep told us today if you get it, 14 days excused absence. If your spouse/family member gets it you can use any kind of leave for 14 days. If you get sick from taking care of them, unknown.
Just you. They said sick leave is the appropriate one to take

Delta just cancelled 40% of its service and grounded 300 jets. This is likely going to happen to some extent with every major airline. I think NATCA should secure some kind of an MOU that while this Virus emergency is ongoing, these very depressed traffic counts will NOT be used to hammer facilities with further downgrades. The downgrades have already been crushing to so many mid-level facilities and dramatically affected pay, retirement, etc. Ive heard others bring this up as well but it wouldn't shock me if they pointed to the CBA and kept on breaking hearts and bank accounts.

Delta just cancelled 40% of its service and grounded 300 jets. This is likely going to happen to some extent with every major airline. I think NATCA should secure some kind of an MOU that while this Virus emergency is ongoing, these very depressed traffic counts will NOT be used to hammer facilities with further downgrades. The downgrades have already been crushing to so many mid-level facilities and dramatically affected pay, retirement, etc. Ive heard others bring this up as well but it wouldn't shock me if they pointed to the CBA and kept on breaking hearts and bank accounts.
Delta makes $2B+ in PROFIT, each quarter, and now they are requesting a governmental handout! LOL, they can’t even contribute to NATCA Charitable raffle, like Southwest, and other groups. F off Delta!

i know you’re saying it sarcastically, but the amount of people saying the warm weather thing boggles my mind. I mean, it’s summer in Australia and Singapore right now and it’s there. And Italy and Iran aren’t really known for their cold climates.
It's almost as if warm, moist places are breeding grounds for microorganisms.

It's almost as if warm, moist places are breeding grounds for microorganisms.
Viruses aren’t necessarily like other micro-organisms though. Like the typical flu virus definitely prefers cold, dry environments. Not saying this will disappear with the heat, but the misinformation comes from a real place.

Delta makes $2B+ in PROFIT, each quarter, and now they are requesting a governmental handout! LOL, they can’t even contribute to NATCA Charitable raffle, like Southwest, and other groups. F off Delta!

They also had $40 billion in expenses in 2019. If other airlines are going to get something then I don't blame them one bit for wanting something too.

Anyone want to take bets on how long the non-essentials are going to get off for this one?

From what I heard today, they are waiting for the first person in the facility to test positive before "difficult decisions need to be made" citing that we as trainees cannot work from home.

Back
Top Bottom