NATCA is a union formed by scabs

I bet when it started it was great. Now I believe everyone who starts this career gets the “you’ll wash out /get fired” if you don’t join. Yeah I believe in worker rights and pay, but after the past two years, we deserve better as members.

We deserve communication. We deserve a huge increase in pay. Everyone is making $15/hr now. While they got 2-5$ raises we get don’t get that. Prices at the store have gone up due to “inflation” so all these raises now don’t even account for how much food prices have risen.

Natca is just a form or management. Like a secondary supervisor to the manager.

Some things NATCA gets right and some they get wrong.

The real damage they’re doing right now is supporting training pauses. Too many trainees are sitting on 2-3 years or more of no training.
Many of those kids aren’t going to have any fealty to the union and will leave in droves when they check out, if not sooner.

And Rich "Cat Facebook" Santa is #NotMyPresident
I honestly don’t know shit about him but regardless of who is in charge let’s not pretend that if the FAA wanted to shove the big rubbery one up our asses that we could do anything but say “yes daddy.”

Work stoppage is the only union action that employers actually fear anymore and we can’t do that. Don’t get me wrong I think being in the union is important because it’s good to engage management to try to get what you want but let’s not pretend we can do anything collectively that would actually make the FAA blink.

I honestly don’t know shit about him but regardless of who is in charge let’s not pretend that if the FAA wanted to shove the big rubbery one up our asses that we could do anything but say “yes daddy.”

Work stoppage is the only union action that employers actually fear anymore and we can’t do that. Don’t get me wrong I think being in the union is important because it’s good to engage management to try to get what you want but let’s not pretend we can do anything collectively that would actually make the FAA blink.
This isn't true, that's the biggest action-but keeping track of precedents to keep things fair, input on scheduling, we get all the controllers together strictly for professional reasons at conventions, making sure everyone has fair chances for details, managing professional standards so things don't always have to be official, negotiating raises in our contract and ncept

Also a $15 min wage is about 32,000 a year-add that yo the 50k for free trainees got and no sympathy for a second job-if anything they should be contributing extra

This isn't true, that's the biggest action-but keeping track of precedents to keep things fair, input on scheduling, we get all the controllers together strictly for professional reasons at conventions, making sure everyone has fair chances for details, managing professional standards so things don't always have to be official, negotiating raises in our contract and ncept

Also a $15 min wage is about 32,000 a year-add that yo the 50k for free trainees got and no sympathy for a second job-if anything they should be contributing extra
We get 1 change every several years to negotiate but we didn’t do it! Lol trainees for and are set I’ll getting fucked. CPCs just imagine all this time off getting 60 an hour but it’s a whole lot different when your on AG in an expensive city and you miss out on several compounding raises.

So yeah I’ll give you that locally our union is very much a union. My comments more were referring to national.

We get 1 change every several years to negotiate but we didn’t do it! Lol trainees for and are set I’ll getting fucked. CPCs just imagine all this time off getting 60 an hour but it’s a whole lot different when your on AG in an expensive city and you miss out on several compounding raises.
I would have loved this as an AG. And I had 6 mo without a medical on AG pay so I know how it feels.

How’s that lawsuit to get all the lost wages y’all are “entitled” to going?

I would have loved this as an AG. And I had 6 mo without a medical on AG pay so I know how it feels.

How’s that lawsuit to get all the lost wages y’all are “entitled” to going?
I dunno but as someone whose been on both sides of it. Working on CPC pay is 40x better than sitting at home on trainee pay.

I dunno but as someone whose been on both sides of it. Working on CPC pay is 40x better than sitting at home on trainee pay.
I’d take either right now. Maybe that’s because I’ve spent 10 years as a CPC.

Time off >>>>>> $$$$

I don’t want to work OT, holidays or sundays anymore. Just give me some damn time off!!!!! Six day work weeks suck.

Time off >>>>>> $$$$

I don’t want to work OT, holidays or sundays anymore. Just give me some damn time off!!!!! Six day work weeks suck.
Yah well it’s a lot different perspective to have made so much for so many years. On AG after my rent and my car payment I was well into my second monthly paycheck. That left like a G for everything else for the month. On CPC my expenses are similar by my paychecks are 3x as much

Time off >>>>>> $$$$

Do you remember what the world was like during our “8 month vacation”? For half of it in major cities we were not allowed in bars, restaurants, malls, state parks, national parks, or gyms. That was the worst vacation I’ve ever had

Do you remember what the world was like during our “8 month vacation”? For half of it in major cities we were not allowed in bars, restaurants, malls, state parks, national parks, or gyms. That was the worst vacation I’ve ever had
Boy do I. I was in a new city getting ready to start exploring and it all shut down. I was only out for three months though. Then made to come work CD for 3 months before any training came back. Gimme more of the beautiful EA at half pay. I’ll take six months.

Boy do I. I was in a new city getting ready to start exploring and it all shut down. I was only out for three months though. Then made to come work CD for 3 months before any training came back. Gimme more of the beautiful EA at half pay. I’ll take six months.
Thankfully I hunt and fish because that’s about all I was allowed to do during that time

Back
Top Bottom