NATCA Pay Raise and transfer dates

545charlie

Question about how the NATCA 1.6% in June is affected by transferring to a higher level facility (10 to 12). When’s the raise actually go into effect?

My official first day at new facility is 6/9/19. Will the raise go on my level 10 pay or my 12 pay? Obviously if I was transferring in May it’d be on the 12, and July it’d be on the 10. The past two years, it’s gone into effect on the pay periods beginning on 6/10/18 and 6/11/17. So, to me it seems like it would go on my new 12 pay. If it goes on my 10 pay, Its my interpretation that I’d immediately lose it - thus, costing me 1.6% of 12 pay ($126202 x .016 =$2019 currently) once I certify, for the rest of my career.

Last edited:
It wouldn’t cost you quite that much. Hypothetically, say your basic salary at the 10 is 100k (actual band min is about 99k without locality), and day the new basic salary band min at the 12 is 120k, so you get 10k on the go, right? This example has no locality FYI...

Pay raise before you transfer you make 101.6k then get half on the go (120k - 101.6k /2 or 9200 on the go) for a starting salary of 110,800 , pay raise after you transfer is 110k (since you were at 100 and got the 10 k on the go then) x 1.6% or 111,760 so difference of roughly 1k.

Is the 126202 your pay with locality?

Edited, as you are getting somewhat hosed. Better math needed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the analysis.

The 126202 was lvl12 rest of US. But assuming no locality, so using 98984 and 109389 as base #’s

Priority to 1.6%:
104187 is the half on the go. Plus 1.6 when that hits: 105853. Plus the other half once I certify (5203): 111056. For simplicity, that’s just assuming I certify before the end of the year so that we don’t have to factor theoretical pay band increases. Full disclosure: I stink at math.

After the 1.6%:
104977 half on the go (using 98984 + 1.6% = 100568 and then the 109389 again since the 1.6 doesn’t raise the band). Second half once I certify (4411): 109389.

So not factoring in locality, $1667 difference. And yeah, changes in locality can definitely cause a pay cut. However, I didn’t want to favor that in since I’m moving to a different locality area regardless of when I move.

Hope this helps clarify the numbers. Still curious of how my release date will affect the raise.

I had a release where I went the same pay period of the 1.6 in June of 2017.

They gave me the raise first and then the half on the go.

I suck at math as well, but I think you are right, they are screwing you out of 1600.

If you were just getting the 8% it would be a different animal. You are in just the right spot to get hosed as you are just a couple ticks under where the 8% would start applying.

I was getting the 8% for my transfer but was at the cap, so it didn’t hurt as much.

Last edited:
The June raise takes effect the first full pay period in June. So if you show up June 9th, you will be ahead of the raise by one pay period. You will get the 1.6% on your “half on the go” raise. The difference you are worried about is pretty much what is 1.6% of your 5k on the go. That is all you would lose if they gave you the raise after. I’m 78% confident in my info lol.

Appreciate this thread being started. Report for Level 12 work on June 9th also. I am preparing myself for a paycheck discrepancy but hopefully will all work out.

starting this old thread back up..

I'm going from a 12 center to a 7 tower, D3 pay band. My release date is 6/7/20, the first day of the first pay period in June, but I don't report to the academy until 6/16. The ATM at my new facility has said although I'm released on the 7th, he's not expecting me to report at the new facility until after I finish the academy, so for that week in between my release and the academy I can continue to come to work at my current facility, but ill be on the new facility's books. Does my pay cut take place on the 7th or the 16th? How does the 1.6% come into play? I'm thinking if my new pay rate takes place on day 1 of the academy, then Ill get the raise on my current pay but then lose it a week later when they change me to the top of the lvl 7 D3. But if they do my new pay on the release date, then I'll get the 1.6 in a lump sum since I'll already be at the top of the band?

starting this old thread back up..

I'm going from a 12 center to a 7 tower, D3 pay band. My release date is 6/7/20, the first day of the first pay period in June, but I don't report to the academy until 6/16. The ATM at my new facility has said although I'm released on the 7th, he's not expecting me to report at the new facility until after I finish the academy, so for that week in between my release and the academy I can continue to come to work at my current facility, but ill be on the new facility's books. Does my pay cut take place on the 7th or the 16th? How does the 1.6% come into play? I'm thinking if my new pay rate takes place on day 1 of the academy, then Ill get the raise on my current pay but then lose it a week later when they change me to the top of the lvl 7 D3. But if they do my new pay on the release date, then I'll get the 1.6 in a lump sum since I'll already be at the top of the band?

your new pay rate starts on the 7th, you are on the new books as of 12am Sunday the 7th. if you do not show up at your new facility or coordinated what leave you will be taking you may not be paid or charged leave (COS, annual, sick) you do not want to use or the ATM is giving you free leave which we all know probably wont happen. you cannot show up at the old place unless coordinated because you no longer work there but its doubtful they would let you show up there. your travel day to the academy is the 15th, but that prior week needs to be specifically coordinated on what is going on.

since the pay raise starts on the 7th since youll be at the top yes youll get the pay raise in a lump sum unless they are also raising the band at which point they would move you to the new top, any excess will be paid in a lump sum.

your new pay rate starts on the 7th, you are on the new books as of 12am Sunday the 7th. if you do not show up at your new facility or coordinated what leave you will be taking you may not be paid or charged leave (COS, annual, sick) you do not want to use or the ATM is giving you free leave which we all know probably wont happen. you cannot show up at the old place unless coordinated because you no longer work there but its doubtful they would let you show up there. your travel day to the academy is the 15th, but that prior week needs to be specifically coordinated on what is going on.

since the pay raise starts on the 7th since youll be at the top yes youll get the pay raise in a lump sum unless they are also raising the band at which point they would move you to the new top, any excess will be paid in a lump sum.
ok, thank you for clarifying! Both ATMs are in agreement and I've seen the email chain where they say that I will continue to show up at the old facility until the academy. One more question about the raise though- when they say lump sum, does that mean the 1.6% thru the end of the fiscal year? calendar year? until next June?

ok, thank you for clarifying! Both ATMs are in agreement and I've seen the email chain where they say that I will continue to show up at the old facility until the academy. One more question about the raise though- when they say lump sum, does that mean the 1.6% thru the end of the fiscal year? calendar year? until next June?

I am not sure. sorry!

its 1.6% of your current base pay. IE if your D3 pay is $75,000 = $1200 lump. Not any prorated time period.

Back
Top Bottom