Near Miss Lightning strike.

Whoa. what tower is that? I wanna climb that ladder up to the catwalk

Dude! Funnny story!

As a new CIC I came in to open the tower and I approved another controllers leave so it was just me. It was pouring rain and I the badge reader didn't work to open the door so I had to climb that ladder. I should have had a key to open the front door but I left the key at home and it wouldnt get to me for another hour. My old lady was up and driving it to me but the Tower opened in 10 minutes.

Parked my Truck up close, jumped to the roof of the building, then a security guard showed up, he was cool, I knew that tower door didn't lock properly up there so I figured it might be open. It was. I got in and opened like normal, security guard went a parked my truck. Wife brought me key about 30 mins later. I told no one.

Couple hours later my Manager was up in the tower and the phone rang. All I heard was "He did what?". My eyes closed. She turned and while smiling said "where's you key?" On my keyhain I showed her. "How'd you get in?", she then asked. I wasn't about lying so I said " climb the ladder."

We had a good laugh about it, she thanked my dedication and said "Don't ever do it again'

Catwalk in now closed, door is blocked.

HEF tower. Manassas VA

Back
Top Bottom