Nepotism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a few facilities out west showed favoritism if you were apart of the "magic underware" crew.

I've heard that from someone who was at one of these facilities. If you aren't in the club it can be harder for you.

I've heard that from someone who was at one of these facilities. If you aren't in the club it can be harder for you.
Pretty much... And it is definitely more than one facility. I've seen it in person.

I know a few facilities out west showed favoritism if you were apart of the "magic underware" crew.

... SLC?

Also, LOL @ the guy who is like, plz don't let Nepotism be dead until I politic my sister in :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m really surprised every large employer hasn’t moved to a more anonymous application process. Sure, there will always be some jobs where networking will result in better candidates.

But for many jobs, especially in this age where everyone is getting accused of discrimination, if I were in charge of a large company then we wouldn’t even see your name until it we decided to interview you. Until then...we wouldn’t know your age, sex, race...anything. You’d simply be Applicant 3625.

I’m really surprised every large employer hasn’t moved to a more anonymous application process. Sure, there will always be some jobs where networking will result in better candidates.

But for many jobs, especially in this age where everyone is getting accused of discrimination, if I were in charge of a large company then we wouldn’t even see your name until it we decided to interview you. Until then...we wouldn’t know your age, sex, race...anything. You’d simply be Applicant 3625.
While this is rational it could drastically reduce the number of people from protected groups interviewed/hired, reversing 40+ years of social justice corrections.

While this is rational it could drastically reduce the number of people from protected groups interviewed/hired, reversing 40+ years of social justice corrections.

I'm a native American, do i get anything good?

The biographic questionairre was an evil plot, devised by sick people. Ruined many dreams.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a career field like this, the best people should do the job, period. The pilots and people flying don’t care where you’re from as long as everything is separated.

Reactions: twn
In a career field like this, the best people should do the job, period. The pilots and people flying don’t care where you’re from as long as everything is separated.

And what if it turns out that this hiring method results in 90% of controllers being male and white? Which politician would volunteer to stand up and say "Well I guess white guys are just better at being controllers?". It's unfortunate, but the agency would much rather have a diverse workforce of just-good-enough-to-pass controllers than an all-white, all-male workforce of amazing controllers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom