NEST LIST ANY AND ALL HELP IS WELCOME

Gds215

Lurker
FAA
Facility
MIA Miami Tower
So I received my NEST list today and I’m shocked . I’m appreciative to still have a job , but I was certified at a level 6 facility and worked there for years at a TRAcab. So I transferred to the lvl 12 facility I’m at now and I wash out . While I was gone my previous facility was downgraded to a lvl 5 .So now I have my list with only level 5 and below and I would appreciate any and all advice on this . Can anything be done ? And if I have to go with this list as it is … any suggestions?

Attachments

• 4E1F4155-FB3D-4FD6-B0B8-1BBDD14C259C.jpeg
    4E1F4155-FB3D-4FD6-B0B8-1BBDD14C259C.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 705
  • D3011727-537D-439A-A74D-058D3C09D3C9.jpeg
    D3011727-537D-439A-A74D-058D3C09D3C9.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 693
Wouldn’t hurt to shoot a message to the RVP or NEST rep for clarification. Facrep could help you reach the appropriate channels as well

And if I have to go with this list as it is … any suggestions?
FWA has been at the cusp of becoming a 6, hopefully they get upgraded soon.

YNG might be useful if you want to try to get to CLE or PIT soon.

FLT, LAN, and MKG might help get you to AZO down the line. YIP might be similar for both AZO and DTW/D21.

But if you already CPC'd at a "busy" 6 and feel confident in your abilities, then you can always try to roll the NCEPT dice and pick whichever on the list has the best staffing and try to cert there as quick as you can so you can get out.

More than anything, I'd pick a place you'd feel comfortable living for a while in the event you're there longer than you'd like to be or you feel comfortable settling down.

So I received my NEST list today and I’m shocked . I’m appreciative to still have a job , but I was certified at a level 6 facility and worked there for years at a TRAcab. So I transferred to the lvl 12 facility I’m at now and I wash out . While I was gone my previous facility was downgraded to a lvl 5 .So now I have my list with only level 5 and below and I would appreciate any and all advice on this . Can anything be done ? And if I have to go with this list as it is … any suggestions?
Just go to DAY and certify in a week and bid out in Feb

Contact whoever sent you the list to verify the lvl 6 was considered. seems likely hr just looked up the level of the fac vs the level you certified.
This is probably what happen. I have meet several people who transfer from a 5 or 6 that used to be a 6 or 7 when they first certified, or worked at a up/down which was consolidated to a tower, and these people expect to get credit for working at the higher level or having a old radar ticket but then the NEST list comes out and doesn’t reflect that.

I don’t think HR has that information and if they do they are not engaged enough to apply it. So you can look into that but I doubt it adds options now that your list was published to you.

Back
Top Bottom