D2 at a Z entering the NEST questions

Had training terminated at my lvl 11 Z last week. Certified on all 7 D's but just couldn't get proficient enough on the R-side with the complexity and amount of traffic. Was told I shouldn't worry about getting terminated from the agency. But I have some questions if anyone can help me out. What does the timeline look like from the day training is terminated to the day I get reassigned? I understand I need to attend terminal training at OKC but is the training is pass/pass? What level facilities should I expect on my NEST list?

As long as you aren’t probationary, you will be retained (even then, probably retained).

Timeline could be a couple of weeks to 3 months.

You can only be in job jeopardy one time during your career at the academy. Once you pass an IQT course at the academy, it’s pass/pass for the rest of your career. Like others said, expect Level 7 and below facilities.

Terminal training at OKC is pass/pass.
To be exact, all training at OKC is job jeopardy once. If jedwards8501 went through OKC for Enroute training and passed, then re-training at OKC is pass/pass.

It is quite possible for a new-hire Terminal student to wash out of OKC and be terminated from the FAA...

The last people at my facility that did this got over 100 options. You won’t get any radar options tho so they’ll be tower only

Tower class will be pass/pass. Thank Bryan Zillonis for that, he went to arbitration to assure that. You probably don’t know him, but he was a RVP and once ran vs Rinaldi (the fuck who extended the slate book then retired).

Also though, don’t settle for the “you will onto get VFR tower” line. Some people try to push that, mostly dinosaur old FAA fucks who think if you can’t certify at a center radar sector you can’t certify at even the slowest TRACON sector in the FAA, but you can absolutely get a level 5 or 6 up/down. It might not be smart to if you want to certify then ERR ASAP, but if there is a low level up down in a place you want to live push for it.

Had training terminated at my lvl 11 Z last week. Certified on all 7 D's but just couldn't get proficient enough on the R-side with the complexity and amount of traffic. Was told I shouldn't worry about getting terminated from the agency. But I have some questions if anyone can help me out. What does the timeline look like from the day training is terminated to the day I get reassigned? I understand I need to attend terminal training at OKC but is the training is pass/pass? What level facilities should I expect on my NEST list?
How long have you been at your current Z, if I may ask?

This happened to me years ago. Long story short got certified at a small tower and eventually got certified at a different Z some years later. The agency is VERY forgiving as long as you don't wash at 2 facilities in a row. Wash at 2 facilities in a row and it's game over.

Back
Top Bottom