NEST

liondave

Can anyone confirm if there was a NEST panel this week? Also, if there was, how long before people get their facility lists from that panel?

Can anyone tell me if you terminate your training and go into the NEST as a CPC-IT, do they look at your highest prior rated facility or just your last? For example, I'm currently at a level 12 TRACON, my last facility was an 8 tower, but my highest level certification was at a 11 tower. What kind of list would I be looking at? I appreciate the help

Can anyone tell me if you terminate your training and go into the NEST as a CPC-IT, do they look at your highest prior rated facility or just your last? For example, I'm currently at a level 12 TRACON, my last facility was an 8 tower, but my highest level certification was at a 11 tower. What kind of list would I be looking at? I appreciate the help
You always are credited for any certifications you've ever held. Not just in NEST but anything that would take your experience into consideration. You'd be given facilities based on you highest level of certification, but also the "needs of the FAA". I don't think anyone could give an accurate guess as to what your list would look like.

You could look up the nest sop if you haven't already. I'm not real familiar with it, so I'm not sure how much help it will be.

One thing you could do is look at the PPT and see where (if any) vacancies exist at level 10/11 towers. If there are vacancies, I think you could have those facilities in your NEST list.

I watched the ERR MOU Q&A video from the convention a few days ago and there was a guy who ERRd out of DCA to a level 12 facility and was unsuccessful in training. He was offered something like, a level 8, a few level 7s, and then 5-6s. It sounded like there was a little more to the story (no TRB at the level 12, etc) than what was explained and the panel wanted to discuss after the Q&As to get more info. The panel said he should have been offered his previous facility (or highest level CPC) if there were vacancies or another DCA-level tower equivalent if there were vacancies.

If you decide to go to the NEST, get in contact with your level 11 FACREP and see if there's a way you could get back there or at least try to have the facility included on your list.

One thing you could do is look at the PPT and see where (if any) vacancies exist at level 10/11 towers. If there are vacancies, I think you could have those facilities in your NEST list.

I watched the ERR MOU Q&A video from the convention a few days ago and there was a guy who ERRd out of DCA to a level 12 facility and was unsuccessful in training. He was offered something like, a level 8, a few level 7s, and then 5-6s. It sounded like there was a little more to the story (no TRB at the level 12, etc) than what was explained and the panel wanted to discuss after the Q&As to get more info. The panel said he should have been offered his previous facility (or highest level CPC) if there were vacancies or another DCA-level tower equivalent if there were vacancies.

If you decide to go to the NEST, get in contact with your level 11 FACREP and see if there's a way you could get back there or at least try to have the facility included on your list.
I appreciate that information!

I received word that the next NEST meeting is Nov. 2nd. So none in October. My case will be reviewed then so I've got a long wait ahead it seems.

How soon after the panel meets in March should people start getting their list of facilities?

NEST Panel is March 8th, submission deadline is Feb 27th. Looking at February's minutes they already have stats in there that say, "number of people that accepted/declined their return rights". The February agenda already has a list of assigned facilities as well. Unless they make you decide if you want to return to your previous facility prior to getting a list, maybe you'll see a list prior to the 8th?

NEST Panel is March 8th, submission deadline is Feb 27th. Looking at February's minutes they already have stats in there that say, "number of people that accepted/declined their return rights". The February agenda already has a list of assigned facilities as well. Unless they make you decide if you want to return to your previous facility prior to getting a list, maybe you'll see a list prior to the 8th?
I appreciate the info! Where do you find that info you talked about?

Back
Top Bottom