November 17th Government Shutdown

Can anyone confirm as to if we will get paid or not should the shutdown occur in a week? The FAA is authorized until the end of the year, but is that the same as having appropriations? I only ask because there is a lot of contradictory information out there. During the 2018/19 shutdown the FAA was authorized, but we all know how that ended. Is there a difference this time?

Can anyone confirm as to if we will get paid or not should the shutdown occur in a week? The FAA is authorized until the end of the year, but is that the same as having appropriations? I only ask because there is a lot of contradictory information out there. During the 2018/19 shutdown the FAA was authorized, but we all know how that ended. Is there a difference this time?
The difference is that back pay is guaranteed for federal employees PERIOD whether furlough or worked. You won't get your differentials and stuff if you are furloughed. That's the law.

The funding thing is what I'm not sure about. I think it's just a rumor that we will be paid in a shutdown....a rumor that doesn't make sense.

They won't have a shutdown since they are paying anyways

No pay during a shutdown, authorization and appropriations are different
Are you cheering for no pay during the shut down? I sort of am, I think it could galvanize the workforce to demand razewn? Or NATCA could successfully spin it into “you have us to thank for getting paid anything at all” and lots of idiots would believe that and endorse the establishment.

Are you cheering for no pay during the shut down? I sort of am, I think it could galvanize the workforce to demand razewn? Or NATCA could successfully spin it into “you have us to thank for getting paid anything at all” and lots of idiots would believe that and endorse the establishment.
It doesn’t matter there’s always a certain percentage of the workforce that is addicted to OT and will still go work all their OT during the shutdown vs trying to make a statement.

Well my detail duties are furloughed but I'll still come in for ot
That’s a shitty operation you must be running.

All our pros (3) don’t even maintain currency on their full time article 114 gigs!

Never mind we’ve hit the lowest CPC numbers yet, with more people retiring soon! Must support the agency and their boondoggles I mean projects!

Wanna hear a great thing I’d advocate for as president if I couldn’t gut ncept immediately? No more article 114 releases to help the agency unless we can release a transfer or ERR from said facility! Apply the same rules! Bring them all back if we can’t release from a facility.

Suddenly it hurts those upper echelon people! Oh the humanity! Maybe the FAA would give more of a shit about staffing if suddenly NATCA couldn’t babysit all their projects.

But no one else running would want this, it’d hurt the loyalists. I would fucking go all in.

End rant/

IMG_2958.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t think it has any relevance on ATC getting a raise. The fact we are guaranteed back pay with no charge to leave will cripple their games of a shutdown now.

Last edited:
They predator class has spent $2.233 trillion since they lifted the debt ceiling in June. Not the greatest ROI, but FAA controllers are some of the best paid government employees.

Attachments

• debt.jpg
    debt.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 61
The funding thing is what I'm not sure about. I think it's just a rumor that we will be paid in a shutdown....a rumor that doesn't make sense.
Someone wrote a bill a couple Congresses back which would have allowed us to be paid out of the Airways & Aviation Trust Fund during a shutdown, but it never went anywhere. Situation normal, no pay until the shutdown is over.

They predator class has spent $2.233 trillion since they lifted the debt ceiling in June. Not the greatest ROI, but FAA controllers are some of the best paid government employees.
Let's also remember that there were about 6 months or so of "extraordinary measures" that had to be refunded, or paid back, or whatever they do that that Monopoly money. Not all new spending.

Let's also remember that there were about 6 months or so of "extraordinary measures" that had to be refunded, or paid back, or whatever they do that that Monopoly money. Not all new spending.
Remember the time they gave a handout to every business owner in America then blamed it on people getting 1000 dollar checks. That was funny

That’s a shitty operation you must be running.

All our pros (3) don’t even maintain currency on their full time article 114 gigs!

Never mind we’ve hit the lowest CPC numbers yet, with more people retiring soon! Must support the agency and their boondoggles I mean projects!

Wanna hear a great thing I’d advocate for as president if I couldn’t gut ncept immediately? No more article 114 releases to help the agency unless we can release a transfer or ERR from said facility! Apply the same rules! Bring them all back if we can’t release from a facility.

Suddenly it hurts those upper echelon people! Oh the humanity! Maybe the FAA would give more of a shit about staffing if suddenly NATCA couldn’t babysit all their projects.

But no one else running would want this, it’d hurt the loyalists. I would fucking go all in.

End rant/

View attachment 9027
Did we just become best friends?

Attachments

• IMG_4899.jpeg
    IMG_4899.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom