Opinions on these Facilities?

Just my 2 cents but try to avoid going to a dumpster fire facility like ZOA or ZMA. Go somewhere that has mostly positive feedback like ZID (easy 12) or a bang for your buck facility like ZTL. I’ve heard great things about both of those places.

Also, you never know how things are gonna change down the road. I went to my dream facility right out the gate and ended up transferring somewhere else.
That’s not possible. If trainees were allowed to swap to their dream facilities staffing would be instantly fixed and no one would ever move.... /s

That’s not possible. If trainees were allowed to swap to their dream facilities staffing would be instantly fixed and no one would ever move.... /s
Right, I couldn’t imagine going to OKC without any idea of what my options are gonna be. But ironically 3 of that 8 that went to ZJX transferred. 3 for 3 at ZDV transferred. All 5 ZAN stayed. Not sure about the 2 ZSE. That was my point, you never know where you’ll ultimately end up, even in a class that is sent to their dream facilities.

Just my 2 cents but try to avoid going to a dumpster fire facility like ZOA or ZMA. Go somewhere that has mostly positive feedback like ZID (easy 12) or a bang for your buck facility like ZTL. I’ve heard great things about both of those places.

Also, you never know how things are gonna change down the road. I went to my dream facility right out the gate and ended up transferring somewhere else.
ZMA is a dumpster fire? How so?

ZMA is a dumpster fire? How so?
Maybe dumpster fire was too harsh…Long cert times. Low staffing. Less bang for your buck. Transfers from ZMA don’t speak very highly of it, just the same as ZOA transfers I know. But from my experience people coming from places like ZID, ZTL, ZFW are happy with where they left.

Go to the place with the best outlook on staffing if you want to bounce. Out of those places I’d pick ZID. Then play the NCEPT game and bounce as soon as you certify. Worked for me! Pro-tip though... don’t tell anyone you want to leave and sell it hard like you love the place. Half of training is having people like you lol
Honestly, more than half. I'd put it at 80% or more. If people like you, they will put in more effort to get you certified. It's fucked but it is what it is.

Staffing will only be instantly fixed at those few facilities where most people want to go. For the places no one does want to go go, what do you suggest happen? Contract? Close? Because I bet a large portion of the 300+ would rarely get someone

Staffing will only be instantly fixed at those few facilities where most people want to go. For the places no one does want to go go, what do you suggest happen? Contract? Close? Because I bet a large portion of the 300+ would rarely get someone
/s means sarcasm.

shooting star GIF

Maybe dumpster fire was too harsh…Long cert times. Low staffing. Less bang for your buck. Transfers from ZMA don’t speak very highly of it, just the same as ZOA transfers I know. But from my experience people coming from places like ZID, ZTL, ZFW are happy with where they left.

I personally don't want to stay in South Florida forever (because I can't do most of my outdoor hobbies here) but I actually love ZMA. I kept in touch with my OKC class and myself and a guy who went to ZID were the first to check out. ZMA has a good training program and no matter how badly you suck in D/R school you will definitely be given a chance on the floor. As far as staffing we are above the national average and are about to have a slew of checkouts. I

Would definitely recommend it as a first facility if it comes down to a place that isn't home for you. The facility is filled with great people and Miami winters are pretty amazing.

Back
Top Bottom