Pay question

vectorwagon

Trusted Contributor
Pay period 1 goes 12/23-1/5. I’m trying to figure out if the payroll people do some kind of adjustment so that whatever I make ending December 31 goes in the 2018 tax year and everything from the first to the fifth goes in the 2019 tax year even though they are the same pay. Or since it is paid in 2019 does it all go in 2019? Does anybody know?

Additionally, let’s say the government doesn’t open back up before the end of the year and we get all of our backpay in 2019, do they still figure what was earned in 2018 goes in 2018 tax year or will it all be 2019 since that’s when we received it?

Date on the paycheck is the applicable tax year or when you have access to the funds, re: backpay

Did anyone else see the email from NATCA that the FAA will close out the payroll for the last pay period early and forecast what we will be paid based our posted schedule. Does that mean that we will still get the last paycheck of the year if the gov is still shutdown?

@DL0509 the employee side of the DOT website has the furlough guidance, it states that we'll still receive the paycheck for the pay period ending on the 21st. That would be the paycheck on the 1st/31st, so the next one.

Hey guys, pay question. I got certified on dec 19, shutdown happens, so no one to there to process pay. I still dont have a new sf50 or an update on pay. My admin said I should wait until at least the end of the month before she should call and question. Does anyone know who or if I can call or email anyone to check on the status? ZDC district i think.

Hey guys, pay question. I got certified on dec 19, shutdown happens, so no one to there to process pay. I still dont have a new sf50 or an update on pay. My admin said I should wait until at least the end of the month before she should call and question. Does anyone know who or if I can call or email anyone to check on the status? ZDC district i think.
Why is she saying you should wait? Is she going to cover your missing pay? A phone call to find out what's going on isn't difficult. Tell her to do her damn job. If she won't get your sup/ATM involved.

I think it usually takes a month or two to show up in eOPF under normal circumstances. Do you need it immediately for some reason or do you just want to see it? If you just want to see it then I’d wait.

It's not about the money, I don't need it right now, but the principal that I should have at least gotten a new sf50 by now bugs me. I'll talk to her again on Monday. I didn't know if that was something that I could call and check on at my level and if anyone knew who or the number to call. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom