Per Diem Rates for RTF

They do not pay housing provider directly. You cannot pocket money. Most people stay in hotels. You pay for the lodging and then bring the receipt to your local secretary. She submits for reimbursement. You will get reimbursed what you paid but no more than the daily government rate. I stayed at the embassy suites and it was 62.40 per night but I ended up having to pay the 200-300 of taxes because that wasn’t covered. There are hotels that will work the tax into the equation and you will get it all reimbursed.

So I’m being told I can only stay on 60% of the GSA rate, but no hotels will honor that low of a rate because I won’t be there for more than 30 days. Can anyone who’s been to RTF recently shed some light on this?

There are two rates, short and long term. Short is like 104 and long is 62 I think. I believe you get long if 30 nights or more. If its less, then your HR should approve the short term rate for you.

There are two rates, short and long term. Short is like 104 and long is 62 I think. I believe you get long if 30 nights or more. If its less, then your HR should approve the short term rate for you.
Yeah that was my understanding, but when I reached out to the travel office they said it’s the amount of class days at 16+ that actually puts me on the long term rate. Just trying to get something booked, but don’t want to screw myself and get stuck covering a difference

Back
Top Bottom