Personal copy of .65

There’s like a hundred approaches in my area and they change all the time. Some are super obscure
I know, I'm joking. It's the mentality that your brain should be able to store thousands of pieces of minute details like crossing altitudes and fixes for multiple (20+) airports.
"You have to know where to find the info you need"

I know, I'm joking. It's the mentality that your brain should be able to store thousands of pieces of minute details like crossing altitudes and fixes for multiple (20+) airports.
"You have to know where to find the info you need"
And it ain’t the flip book! We got some private approaches that aren’t even in their.

And it ain’t the flip book! We got some private approaches that aren’t even in their.

Yeah I've worked at a place that has Jeppesen only approaches that were stored only on the SIA. Better hope someone doesn't pull a plug in the equiptment room.

They have to keep paper copies in the ops areas in the event of computer failures. Same thing with contingency plans, SOPs, LOAs, etc.

They have to keep paper copies in the ops areas in the event of computer failures. Same thing with contingency plans, SOPs, LOAs, etc.

Yes but they only have one. In a building of 130+ controllers. I dislike it. I know a lot don't mind having it on the SIA, but I'd prefer a paper copy. So I was just wondering if the FAA ever had (and currently still has) that requirement of one per controller if desired, or was that smoke up the wazoo?

Yes but they only have one. In a building of 130+ controllers. I dislike it. I know a lot don't mind having it on the SIA, but I'd prefer a paper copy. So I was just wondering if the FAA ever had (and currently still has) that requirement of one per controller if desired, or was that smoke up the wazoo?

yeah i dunno. I agree, I like the paper copy sometimes too. the formatting is easier to read especially in the columized format than the electronic copy, and screw reading anything on the IDS.

I was told years ago, like 9, that the FAA is supposed to furnish every controller with a personal .65 if they desire. Is this still a thing?

I was told this at my first facility and there were a lot of us that kept updated copies in our lockers.

current facility has one copy in the operation. Training department doesn’t even have one. Also you can’t pick up that one copy without someone freaking out that you’ve done something wrong or someone bugging you about what you’re looking up so they can show you how much knowledge they have in their peanut head. And don’t get me started about Our lack of a vfr sectional in the operation.

Back
Top Bottom