Personal Events

AF3029

Lurker
Wanted to get everyone's opinion on this matter as I've searched the threads and can't find any additional details. I'm looking to put a few ERRs in for the coming quarter or two and am also in the process of planning my wedding which would take place at some time next year. If I get selected to go to a new facility and have my wedding planned to take place during my training time at that new location, is there any wiggle room for taking a period of time off before certifying or is it really frowned upon?

It was frowned upon when I was going through training at two different places. At the first facility, I took like one day or sick leave and no annual leave the entire time I trained. At my second facility, I took three weeks off (one week of sick leave for a surgery and two weeks of annual for a vacation). My family life comes before work so a yearly vacation is of upmost importance to me. I work to live, not live to work...

Hasn’t been an issue for me at either of my facilities

I took two vacations during training. Sometimes you need to a break, and I actually did better coming back fresh and relaxed. People that care if you take some time off are douchebags.

Back
Top Bottom