PHL Bid - AEA-ATO-21-RCM-73308

If you trained at a high level facility in the northeast, you would know what he's talking about and you would definitely take issue with it
I see what yall saying. I'm not trying to pass judgment on them old heads. I was actually wondering. If yall would select my ignorant ass to PHL, I would learn what the fuck is up lo.
I don't think you understand the actual complexity and density of N90's airspace. This isn't like going from north approach to south approach at Milwaukee or something. You're talking about an entirely different set of airports - each major airport in NYC has a whole new set of regional/feeder GA airports etc, dozens of new approaches, fixes, runways, airways and shit to memorize, completely different flows.
I 100% don't understand it. I just assumed yall knew the majority of the overlap lol.

and then there’s the recent checkouts who certified past the PHL deadline so going to PHL isn’t an option for them, who just spent the last 2-3 years training on EWR and don’t want to now go to another area to start training all over again.
Word on the streets is they're gonna offer them the opportunity to sometime in the near future

Long Island is pretty terrible outside of being a semi short train ride away from a world renowned city and having pretty excellent food options and a beach usually no more than 30 mins away or so.

Pretty much everything else is awful.
I have distant family there, and most of my moms side was born there, always seemed like a nice place but I haven’t been in fifteen years

I have distant family there, and most of my moms side was born there, always seemed like a nice place but I haven’t been in fifteen years
Only people in my experience who truly like lawn guy land are from there and haven't really lived elsewhere. I grew up there when I was young, have a lot of close family there but it still wasn't for me. Lots of people adjust, but they'll tell you it's not ideal.

It's one of those places you don't truly understand why it's bad till you are there for a while, on say a trip to visit the family you probably wouldn't understand, but after living there a while you'd get it.

That or west tx......probably pick LI but it'd closer than it should be haha.

Is Long Island really that bad?
I've been around, travelled a lot, lived in a few places, and barring the Deep South, Long Island is the worst place I've ever experienced. The people that are from here are worse than you can imagine. In many places around the country, people are generally friendly. Long Island? Your simple existence is an inconvenience to others. Many people are openly racist, homophobic, etc. it's rampant. Big time hick culture despite being so close to NYC, it's weird. Some of the most asshole drivers I've ever experienced. Speaking of which, the roads are constantly in horrible condition because they're beat to death.

One of the only positive things most people can say about it is the beaches. Ok? If you like the outdoors that's the only thing you can do. And it's only good to do for like 2 months a year - outside of that it's way too hot or way too cold. If you like to ski, hike, bike, or anything else, upstate is great for that - BUT, it's at least a 3-4 hour drive through NYC traffic to get there, or take a $120 round trip ferry through CT. There are some little parks here and there, but overall the island is not good for outdoorsy people.

Aside from that, it's expensive as fuck, and for no reason. It's not a nice or desirable place to live. It's expensive even on CPC + OT money. The apartment situation is fucked up, you either have to go through these mega landlord agencies like Fairfield or Heatherwood and pay close to $2,000 to rent ONE bedroom, or you can save a little money by paying $1500 for an illegal basement apartment with no windows. If you manage to save enough money to buy a small, modest house, 2-3 bedrooms? You're gonna spend at least $300-400k for anything remotely okay, and your property tax is going to be over $10,000 a year. It's not uncommon for people to pay $15-18k.

I could go on. The local governments and police are ridiculously corrupt. There are hundreds of red light and speed cameras hidden everywhere and it's at least $80-150 every time if you stop over the line. If you get pulled over and get a ticket for anything, you know how a lot of times you can get a warning and maybe talk to the officer? Not here, zero warnings they don't even speak to you. They just hand you a ticket, and if you decide to take your day in court, they'll offer you a bribe where you can pay $500 to reduce whatever you got to zero points. It's a massive racket.

The place itself will suck whatever soul you have out of you, and add working for the FAA on top of that? No thank you.

Nah thr food is the one positive thing about LI. It’s the only thing I’ll miss.
Idk every time someone from the tower invited me out to the island to eat/drink, I immediately regretted the trip.

Philly has a dope food scene, I'll take you to some solid spots when you get here. Unless you decide to live in Jersey. You ain't never gonna see me in Jersey, I dont cross no bridges

Idk every time someone from the tower invited me out to the island to eat/drink, I immediately regretted the trip.

Philly has a dope food scene, I'll take you to some solid spots when you get here. Unless you decide to live in Jersey. You ain't never gonna see me in Jersey, I dont cross no bridges
Listen I don't doubt the food scene in Philly has options but your regional specialty is low grade shaved beef with cheese whiz on 3 day old bread. Not exactly a culinary masterpiece.

Then you went to the wrong places on the island. But i count the city too when I say good food around here. Food is literally the only reason I will make a trip into the city.

Any new info ladies and germs? They picked zero in NCEPT — no surprise cuz of the open bid — but just wondering when the hiring process will move again. Been on referred for months now.

Back
Top Bottom