PHL Bid - AEA-ATO-21-RCM-73308

Lol good. Was worried that shit was tied to my cookies or something.

Additionally. Sharship troopers was legit memes on a lot of levels but I did think the did they dystopian future justice/propaganda thing well.

Second additionally, sorry for the derailment mods.
People talk shit about Paul Verhoven movies but there's usually more to them than gratuitous violence and gore. Robocop another good example. Way ahead of its time.

That said I'm not shocked by the bondage ad, if you are watching a starship troopers sequel you are obviously into punishment for pleasure haha.

This will come as no surprise to anyone, but as of 12/7, Regina (the HR rep for this bid) said “I have not received any approved selections yet from the LOB. I believe they are still going through the selection process.”

This will come as no surprise to anyone, but as of 12/7, Regina (the HR rep for this bid) said “I have not received any approved selections yet from the LOB. I believe they are still going through the selection process.”

I was honestly contemplating giving her a call today, the update is appreciated!

What’s LOB?
LOB is an acronym for Line of Business. As I understand it, the FAA uses this as a general term to describe a group assembled to accomplish a task or tasks. In this instance, an LOB was assembled to vet and select candidates for the 73308 bid.
Anyone, feel free to clarify if this is incorrect.

LOB is an acronym for Line of Business. As I understand it, the FAA uses this as a general term to describe a group assembled to accomplish a task or tasks. In this instance, an LOB was assembled to vet and select candidates for the 73308 bid.
Anyone, feel free to clarify if this is incorrect.
Close, LOBs are basically the "Operations" arms of the FAA. They include Airports, Aviation Safety, the ATO, Commercial Space, and Security & Hazardous Materials Safety. The "Support" arms of the FAA are HR, Policy, Finance, Civil Rights, IT, etc... (there are a bunch, it's all I could come up with here). So when she says the sent it to the LOB, it means "its out of our department (HR) waiting on the LOB that wants the staffing (in this case the ATO)". HR has nothing else to do until the ATO representatives (in this case probably the PHL ATM) picks who they want.

Edit: Clarity

Close, LOBs are basically the "Operations" arms of the FAA. They include Airports, Aviation Safety, the ATO, Commercial Space, and Security & Hazardous Materials Safety. The "Support" arms of the FAA are HR, Policy, Finance, Civil Rights, IT, etc... (there are a bunch, it's all I could come up with here). So when she says the sent it to the LOB, it means "its out of our department (HR) waiting on the LOB that wants the staffing (in this case the ATO)". HR has nothing else to do until the ATO representatives (in this case probably the PHL ATM) picks who they want.

Edit: Clarity
I’d read something to this extent somewhere, but couldn’t make sense of it in the context of this situation. The LOB Regina referred to (ATO) is even more generalized than I thought! Thanks for bringing clarity here.

Surprised she actually answered. I’ve called numerous times and nothing.

Is the idea that one day someone's gonna call and the HR person is gonna be like omg yes you actually were selected and we just forgot to tell anyone! I know y'all want information but what info could they possibly have until the selection occurs? It's never gonna happen until the EWR n90 to phl thing makes progress and the HR people don't know anything about that, they literally just process paperwork once the ato tells them to

Is the idea that one day someone's gonna call and the HR person is gonna be like omg yes you actually were selected and we just forgot to tell anyone! I know y'all want information but what info could they possibly have until the selection occurs? It's never gonna happen until the EWR n90 to phl thing makes progress and the HR people don't know anything about that, they literally just process paperwork once the ato tells them to
See in the meantime tho, if you want to actually work at PHL airport are you supposed to apply via NCEPT or is this bid the only way?

See in the meantime tho, if you want to actually work at PHL airport are you supposed to apply via NCEPT or is this bid the only way?

Last NCEPT, PHL didn’t pick up anyone despite being like #2 on the priority list. Guessing they are only going through the Bid at this point, similar to N90.

Before the staffing numbers were changed for the new airspace, phl had over 80% staffing, so until the airspace is taken I can't imagine they're picking anyone up

Before the staffing numbers were changed for the new airspace, phl had over 80% staffing, so until the airspace is taken I can't imagine they're picking anyone up
See that’s interesting. I mean we don’t know what the rules are for this ncept yet. But if this move takes longer than the end of 2022 (which I hear is possible because of airspace complexity) at some point PHL will need to be staffed with more people. Or maybe the FAA will wait until PHL is critically understaffed before picking people up ?

When I spoke to to facrep about 4 months ago, he said they have no intention of picking up anyone from NCEPT since the bid is out. Having said that, I submitted an ERR prior to applying and intend on resubmitting the ERR when and if the time comes.

I doubt anyone would contact HR asking if they’d been selected. Information is what I asked for and that’s what I got. No one has been selected. Good to know.

Back
Top Bottom