Serious Poll: COVID Vaccine

COVID Vaccine, Have you gotten it or do you plan to?

• Been Vaccinated

Votes: 111 31.7%
  • Doing everything I can to get it

Votes: 46 13.1%
  • Will get it when it’s easily available

Votes: 92 26.3%
  • Not sure if I will

Votes: 53 15.1%
  • Never

Votes: 48 13.7%

• Total voters
I’m impressed so many of you have the opportunity to get the vaccine. In my state it’s only 65 plus, healthcare/daycare workers and first responders. Transportation workers is the last stage before general public here.
Bruh if you aren’t selling yourself as a first responder you’re doing it wrong.

I’m impressed so many of you have the opportunity to get the vaccine. In my state it’s only 65 plus, healthcare/daycare workers and first responders. Transportation workers is the last stage before general public here.
I've been told we dont fall in the category of transportation workers, but in that of emergency services.
Not for nothing but we're vital enough that almost everyone else in the government can be home on EA during a shutdown and we still gotta report. As far as I'm concerned, that qualifies us.

I’m actually shocked that there’s 30% are not getting or not sure they will. I’m part of that group but I just thought everyone wants the vaccine. Good luck all who want it. I hope it brings comfort to your lives. ??

I've been told we dont fall in the category of transportation workers, but in that of emergency services.
Not for nothing but we're vital enough that almost everyone else in the government can be home on EA during a shutdown and we still gotta report. As far as I'm concerned, that qualifies us.
Speaking of home on EA, I didn’t quite realize just how salty some people are about high risk people

Also they should not be scheduling it for you, that’s a new one and it’s crazy.
Our ATM wanted the supervisors to schedule it for the controllers. Supervisors told the ATM they wouldn't schedule it for anyone after looking at the required information.
District Manager called our county health office because he was upset that no one in the facility had received a vaccination yet. Told county health about the importance of ATC. County health then moved the controllers into the top phase.
My state had us lumped into some phase further down the list.
I do not agree with how that phone call was placed to jump the line.

Our ATM wanted the supervisors to schedule it for the controllers. Supervisors told the ATM they wouldn't schedule it for anyone after looking at the required information.

District Manager called our county health office because he was upset that no one in the facility had received a vaccination yet. Told county health about the importance of ATC. County health then moved the controllers into the top phase.
My state had us lumped into some phase further down the list.
I do not agree with how that phone call was placed to jump the line.
This has been such a NATCA letdown. The fact that we aren’t all in top phase is criminal. But I don’t expect a county health person to think of us.

Imagine being afraid of a vaccine
imagine this. You’re under 30 and your chances of dying are so low, like less that half of one percent.
Now think about this vaccine you want, mRNA. This is the first widely used type for a vaccine. We don’t know the side affects of it. You say there is none, I say there isn’t enough information yet.
I still have years of work being an air traffic controller.
If they require me to get it, I’ll get it. If not, don’t count on me ever getting it

Like 50 million people have had it already. What is your threshold?
I just don’t want the vaccine. Did I get other vaccines as a child like measles? Hell yeah. Do I give my kid that shot? Hell yeah.

The point is, there are people that get flu shots every year, then there are people that don’t. When people aren’t dying like we were thinking in March 2020, and now we have a year of data, the death rate is so low. Hell, coronavirus helped bring down flu cases to low levels.

This has been such a NATCA letdown. The fact that we aren’t all in top phase is criminal. But I don’t expect a county health person to think of us.
Bruh NATCA protects our pay and benefits. You want natca to say “our controllers should be top priority over older people more susceptible to dying to get the vaccine?” Why should you get the vaccine over someone who is 10 years older?

Bruh NATCA protects our pay and benefits. You want natca to say “our controllers should be top priority over older people more susceptible to dying to get the vaccine?” Why should you get the vaccine over someone who is 10 years older?
The teachers who have been virtual this whole time have no shame in jumping to the front of the line.

I just don’t want the vaccine. Did I get other vaccines as a child like measles? Hell yeah. Do I give my kid that shot? Hell yeah.

The point is, there are people that get flu shots every year, then there are people that don’t. When people aren’t dying like we were thinking in March 2020, and now we have a year of data, the death rate is so low. Hell, coronavirus helped bring down flu cases to low levels.
Don’t get it if you don’t want it. This virus isn’t going anywhere though so eventually everyone’s either gonna get infected or get the vaccine.

teachers should get priority so we can send kids back to school.
So what’s the goal? The goal is send kids back to school? So we are going to prioritize the teachers that haven’t gone back yet so they can get fully vaccinated by late April/May just to reopen for 2-4 weeks until summer?

I don’t have any problem with any in person teacher getting vaccinated. The whole point of priorities is to mitigate risk. There is no risk in virtual school.

Last edited:
imagine this. You’re under 30 and your chances of dying are so low, like less that half of one percent.
Now think about this vaccine you want, mRNA. This is the first widely used type for a vaccine. We don’t know the side affects of it. You say there is none, I say there isn’t enough information yet.
I still have years of work being an air traffic controller.
If they require me to get it, I’ll get it. If not, don’t count on me ever getting it
Ok then get the Johnson and Johnson one. It’s not mRna. It’s about getting heard immunity and protecting the whole population.

I really don’t want it, because I’m in an age bracket with very little deaths, and I think the COVID hype is overblown. That said, I have many travel desires, and fortress Europe (and elsewhere) is undoubtedly going to require it when it reopens to Americans. Might as well.
Pretty close to my thoughts as well. And make no mistake this is a serious problem. But to be fair, a lot of what we‘re doing is being driven by those who love this new power/control, don’t want to give it up. Plus they need to keep up the ’crisis’ to justify all they’ve destroyed

Ok then get the Johnson and Johnson one. It’s not mRna. It’s about getting heard immunity and protecting the whole population.
Another vaccine that was rushed to production as fast as possible. I don’t think you are understanding people’s concerns. Yes the mRNA being newly allowed for humans is something to worry about but it is also the long term effects that we won’t know about for some time. For any of these vaccines. They are for a virus that we don’t completely understand.

Back
Top Bottom