Issue Privatization

I don't think the extent of the involvement with Shuster will ever be known or proven nor do I really care. But selling something to the membership under false information is enough for me.

It probably never will be known you are correct, but we have a chance to right the ship so to speak. The NEB really created their own bogeyman ...

I assure you, the boogie man was sold to the RVP's as well as the membership.

The question now lads, is what are we, the membership, going to do about it? People need to be held accountable for this deceit, a change must be made. The ending of this term needs to be their last. Regardless of your choice in candidate, people need to know that there is a choice, name brand recognition combined with "popularity" is over. Actions will always speak louder than words.

To those that didn't click the link and to recap...

The Eno Center working group was launched that summer, initially without knowledge of what the BRT group had been doing. Eno brought together about 16 stakeholder organizations for monthly meetings from mid-2013 to mid-2015. This broader group of stakeholders agreed on corporatization, but could not reach consensus between a government corporation model (as in Germany and New Zealand) and a private, nonprofit model as in Canada, so it concluded that both were workable options.
Eno Board of Advisors.png

Granted I'm still in training, but from reading this it seems like most people are in favor of privatizing, and I was wondering why that's the case? What benefit does it serve the controllers to privatize? That just seems like such an absurd thing to do when we've had the best air traffic system in the world for decades

Granted I'm still in training, but from reading this it seems like most people are in favor of privatizing, and I was wondering why that's the case? What benefit does it serve the controllers to privatize? That just seems like such an absurd thing to do when we've had the best air traffic system in the world for decades

I would think most people are definitely not for actual privatization, that's just the term that everyone is using for breaking the status quo. We all are just tired of the uncertainty that the current system provides. I would love to see the ATO and especially NATCA leading the world in technology just like we lead it in efficiency, and right now that's not possible.

Stable, predictable funding is what we want, and what we need, to stop this nonsense of shutdowns and having to put all of our modernization projects on hold. There are several options for this, privatization is just the ugly buzz word that they're all connected to.

Nothing was conveniently left out. Bryan specifically says watch the entire ALPA video, make your own decision. During the convention Paul used the phrase “fake natca news”, and Robert Poole was called a liar, yet one month after Poole says natca approached the business roundtable to discuss atc reform, here he is invited by natca to discuss atc reform. That’s convenient.
So Poole’s a liar, anti natca enemy, but let’s invite him to a panel?
I would also encourage you to research the information Poole said about the FAA MAC and recommendations made in 2013 and 2014.

The fake NATCA news was referring to when in the document he said "A4A, NATCA, and AOPA... leaders from all three organizations told us that a non-profit, stakeholder-governed corporation was their preferred opmight." Even in the video, not a single person feels that way. As I said, Paul explicitly states that we want to be in the discussions.

You can say that him telling everyone to watch a 1.5 hour video is justification for cutting out things like Paul and the rest of the panel saying that these conversations are already happening behind closed doors and we need to be involved, but is it true? Even in this thread where people want to educate themselves on the issues, they aren't watching the whole thing. Watching a carefully made 5 minute video is easier.

I think that at this point, people's minds are where they are and if you don't want to watch the full video or consider the source of content, then there's really no point in arguing any propaganda that is put out on behalf of either party.

The fake NATCA news was referring to when in the document he said "A4A, NATCA, and AOPA... leaders from all three organizations told us that a non-profit, stakeholder-governed corporation was their preferred opmight." Even in the video, not a single person feels that way. As I said, Paul explicitly states that we want to be in the discussions.

You can say that him telling everyone to watch a 1.5 hour video is justification for cutting out things like Paul and the rest of the panel saying that these conversations are already happening behind closed doors and we need to be involved, but is it true? Even in this thread where people want to educate themselves on the issues, they aren't watching the whole thing. Watching a carefully made 5 minute video is easier.

I think that at this point, people's minds are where they are and if you don't want to watch the full video or consider the source of content, then there's really no point in arguing any propaganda that is put out on behalf of either party.

I watched the whole thing :) but that’s just me ?

Again, in 2013/2014, no talks/recommendations about privatization were allowed to happen, per our constitution.
“Leaders of the U.S. air-traffic controllers’ union and a private-pilot lobbying group, once fierce opponents of taking control of the system away from the Federal Aviation Administration, have endorsed talks on other ways to manage and pay for aviation safety.

“There are conversations taking place among the stakeholders,” Gerald Dillingham, civil aviation director of the U.S. Government Accountability Office, said in an interview. “All things are on the table, including privatization or corporatization.”

The MAC report specifically says there was unanimous consensus that ATO should be removed from the FAA. This was in January 2014. In 2013, the MAC sent letters to Shuster urging reform.

Again, in 2013/2014, no talks/recommendations about privatization were allowed to happen, per our constitution.
“Leaders of the U.S. air-traffic controllers’ union and a private-pilot lobbying group, once fierce opponents of taking control of the system away from the Federal Aviation Administration, have endorsed talks on other ways to manage and pay for aviation safety.

“There are conversations taking place among the stakeholders,” Gerald Dillingham, civil aviation director of the U.S. Government Accountability Office, said in an interview. “All things are on the table, including privatization or corporatization.”

The MAC report specifically says there was unanimous consensus that ATO should be removed from the FAA. This was in January 2014. In 2013, the MAC sent letters to Shuster urging reform.

Yes, and our leadership responded with a letter saying there was no unanimous consent to that end. You're not exactly right about talks not being allowed.

"and shall offer all lawful resistance to out-sourcing, privatization and/or contracting out."

Can you provide resistance to something if you aren't in the conversation? Cause I can't. You can discuss something without supporting it. Like I'm doing right now with the quality of these claims.

Yes, and our leadership responded with a letter saying there was no unanimous consent to that end. You're not exactly right about talks not being allowed.

"and shall offer all lawful resistance to out-sourcing, privatization and/or contracting out."

Can you provide resistance to something if you aren't in the conversation? Cause I can't. You can discuss something without supporting it. Like I'm doing right now with the quality of these claims.

Brother, any way you can show me this letter? The video, and the transcripts say that everyone has unanimously agreed. Not questioning your memory just looking for the letter.

Brother, any way you can show me this letter? The video, and the transcripts say that everyone has unanimously agreed. Not questioning your memory just looking for the letter.
The letter was passed out at the convention. Got to be a copy floating around here somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom