Updating Facility Staffing Numbers

That was literally an Act of Congress. 49 USC 44506(f)(1)(C). (The general rule, at (f)(1)(B)(iii), is that they have to hire individuals "who apply under a vacancy announcement recruiting from all United States citizens.")

There's only one such metro statistical area in the entire US, and it's NYC. In order for the FAA to do local bids Congress would have to change the law.

I think they should, mind you, but there's your answer for the moment.

Learn something new everyday. Thanks.

Exactly this. Make direct hiring applications for the hard to staff places that are just revolving doors. Slap a minimum length of service on the contract if you really want to ensure someone stays there for a period of time. If someone wants in and is willing to commit a specific amount of time to a hard to staff facility, they can pursue that avenue. If you don’t, you can just continue the status quo and apply on the generic off the street bid.

I feel like my facility and many don't have a budget any more lol. My last facility tracked every time OT got used. Here it's basically a blank check and I never hear anyone questioning why we used OT because it's damn near every day.
Every OT shift I’m on has a group text to coordinate the food lol.

Half my facility makes more than me on the daily because I’m new but they don’t get me food ?
Lol the guy at the top of the band working OT doesn’t buy, so he doesn’t partake in the OT food when others buy.(your making 300k/yr and can’t buy food) It’s like an agreement that everyone buys when they have OT if they eat other OT food.

Nobody is forced to buy.

Nahhh it’s actually just a way of feeding everyone because you’re making more money than them
Why can’t everyone just bring their or get their own food. Then after they make the area gross they leave the rest of the food as leftovers in case someone wants to eat 8 hour old food. But it’s really so they don’t have to clean up

Why can’t everyone just bring their or get their own food. Then after they make the area gross they leave the rest of the food as leftovers in case someone wants to eat 8 hour old food. But it’s really so they don’t have to clean up
Tbh it’s because to leave my facility and come back requires driving through some of the worst airport traffic in the world, so bringing breakfast or dinner is a nice way to provide for the crew that you’re a guest player on.

Usually the budget is like $30 a person who’s on the OT. Really not that hard to do something nice for people, nobody is forced to or feels obligated especially if it’s last minute call in.

Lol the guy at the top of the band working OT doesn’t buy, so he doesn’t partake in the OT food when others buy.(your making 300k/yr and can’t buy food) It’s like an agreement that everyone buys when they have OT if they eat other OT food.

Nobody is forced to buy.
Nobody does that here because we are all working 6 days a week so OT has lost its luster.

Tbh it’s because to leave my facility and come back requires driving through some of the worst airport traffic in the world, so bringing breakfast or dinner is a nice way to provide for the crew that you’re a guest player on.

Usually the budget is like $30 a person who’s on the OT. Really not that hard to do something nice for people, nobody is forced to or feels obligated especially if it’s last minute call in.
If numbers are 10, I’m sure as hell not dropping $300 a week to feed my coworkers

Exactly this. Make direct hiring applications for the hard to staff places that are just revolving doors. Slap a minimum length of service on the contract if you really want to ensure someone stays there for a period of time. If someone wants in and is willing to commit a specific amount of time to a hard to staff facility, they can pursue that avenue. If you don’t, you can just continue the status quo and apply on the generic off the street bid.
Exactly. It's an entirely different story if someone wants to leave and they applied to go to that specific facility. I wouldn't have much sympathy for people who applied direct, got their foot in the door, and got stuck for five years.

Upping my PAC contribution so we can work on changing the law.

Nobody does that here because we are all working 6 days a week so OT has lost its luster.

If numbers are 10, I’m sure as hell not dropping $300 a week to feed my coworkers
I guess reading is hard. 30 per person on ot that shift. If I’m alone I’ll get some snacks from the grocery store, two people it’ll be chick fil a for breakfast or some pizzas for dinner.

It has no lustre, we are scheduled six days all the time. It’s literally just a way to have camaraderie amongst the people at work that shift, and all of the food gets eaten. Scheduled to have 12 on a shift here.

Back
Top Bottom