Question regarding usajobs.gov and sf-86

Blossom20009

Lurker
Hey guys, I have an issue with my usajobs application. I only heard about this position on the last day the bid was open and only had a few hours to enter everything. After I filled out my sf-86, I went back to my usajobs profile to confirm that the dates and months I had listed on my resume were correct and they were. However I noticed that in the survey it says I hit yes on if I have prior aviation experience.

Nowhere else on my resume does it say I have prior aviation experience, nowhere else in the questionnaire did I list I have aviation experience, when it asked for certifications/licenses, I listed none. It asked if I have any ratings, I did not list any. I applied as a pool 2 applicant with no prior cti or aviation experience but yet on my usajobs profile it states that I hit yes for prior aviation experience.

With my sf-86 having just been submitted this previous month, how fucked am I?

Personally think you might get DQed. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the "BEST QUALIFIED" or "WELL QUALIFIED" category, factor in prior aviation experience? So by writing that you had prior aviation experience, whether a mistake or not, that may have increased your chances of getting hired. Even if you only applied as a pool 2. Your answer may have boosted your chances and may lead to you being Disqualified if it's discovered during the BI. Still think it's best for you to contact HR. Assuming the BI has access to the questionnaire (Not sure if they do), they will be able to figure out that you have no prior aviation experience.

Other than the resume, I am not sure if the BI have access to or look into the questionnaire that just asks things like if you have prior aviation experience or went to CTI school. If I was applying as a pool 2 applicant (Not pool 1), and lied to say that I went to CTI school, that would increase my chances as a Pool 2 applicant and if I contact HR after getting a TOL, hey jking, didn't go to CTI school was a mistake. Pretty sure they would rescind the TOL if it affected my chances of getting in but again, the FAA isn't going to check anymore since he has a TOL, it depends on if the BI gets access to that questionnaire or just the resume. Assuming it's just the resume and you have no aviation experience listed, you might be okay. I truly think that you may have made a mistake that isn't possible to recover from. Good luck OP, if you're telling the truth, feel like that's something that could have easily happened to anyone.

tldr; You could easily be DQed, whether you come clean or not may not matter. Your future rides on whether the BI has access to the questionnaire and if they do, you should have come clean even if it leads to your offer being rescinded, you may still be able to reapply.

Last edited:
As a quick correction, the “best qualified” and “well qualified” are taken only from ATSA scores. It has nothing to do with your prior exp or anything. Only ATSA scores.

I agree, reach out to your hr poc, I personally doubt it’s DQing because I saw where somebody sent back in their TOL with messing up theirs ssn. Hr let them fix it. They seem pretty chill about genuine mistakes. It’s when you’re hiding something, or trying to, that causes a crapload and a half of problems.

Personally think you might get DQed. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the "BEST QUALIFIED" or "WELL QUALIFIED" category, factor in prior aviation experience? So by writing that you had prior aviation experience, whether a mistake or not, that may have increased your chances of getting hired. Even if you only applied as a pool 2. Your answer may have boosted your chances and may lead to you being Disqualified if it's discovered during the BI. Still think it's best for you to contact HR. Assuming the BI has access to the questionnaire (Not sure if they do), they will be able to figure out that you have no prior aviation experience.

Other than the resume, I am not sure if the BI have access to or look into the questionnaire that just asks things like if you have prior aviation experience or went to CTI school. If I was applying as a pool 2 applicant (Not pool 1), and lied to say that I went to CTI school, that would increase my chances as a Pool 2 applicant and if I contact HR after getting a TOL, hey jking, didn't go to CTI school was a mistake. Pretty sure they would rescind the TOL if it affected my chances of getting in but again, the FAA isn't going to check anymore since he has a TOL, it depends on if the BI gets access to that questionnaire or just the resume. Assuming it's just the resume and you have no aviation experience listed, you might be okay. I truly think that you may have made a mistake that isn't possible to recover from. Good luck OP, if you're telling the truth, feel like that's something that could have easily happened to anyone.

tldr; You could easily be DQed, whether you come clean or not may not matter. Your future rides on whether the BI has access to the questionnaire and if they do, you should have come clean even if it leads to your offer being rescinded, you may still be able to reapply.
No aviation’s experience means nothing in this process. If you have 3 years working and a good at sa score then you’re in.

As a quick correction, the “best qualified” and “well qualified” are taken only from ATSA scores. It has nothing to do with your prior exp or anything. Only ATSA scores.

I agree, reach out to your hr poc, I personally doubt it’s DQing because I saw where somebody sent back in their TOL with messing up theirs ssn. Hr let them fix it. They seem pretty chill about genuine mistakes. It’s when you’re hiding something, or trying to, that causes a crapload and a half of problems.
No aviation’s experience means nothing in this process. If you have 3 years working and a good at sa score then you’re in.
Interesting, did not know that.

Hey guys, I have an issue with my usajobs application. I only heard about this position on the last day the bid was open and only had a few hours to enter everything. After I filled out my sf-86, I went back to my usajobs profile to confirm that the dates and months I had listed on my resume were correct and they were. However I noticed that in the survey it says I hit yes on if I have prior aviation experience.

Nowhere else on my resume does it say I have prior aviation experience, nowhere else in the questionnaire did I list I have aviation experience, when it asked for certifications/licenses, I listed none. It asked if I have any ratings, I did not list any. I applied as a pool 2 applicant with no prior cti or aviation experience but yet on my usajobs profile it states that I hit yes for prior aviation experience.

With my sf-86 having just been submitted this previous month, how fucked am I?
Fake it til you make it.

Back
Top Bottom