Rotating Days Off

I’m at 130 hours earned this year. With a balance left of 15. Ask me about my extended weekends.
You still work all those hours and get no differentials. My favorite is when people had signed up for credit and then people can’t get OT. RDO swaps are better

You still work all those hours and get no differentials
Good thing you’re around or we wouldn’t know how credit works. Eight hours time off in a row>>>>>>>> differentials. Enjoy soaking up every minute of night diff to cover the electric bill I guess. When you got off CIC do you forward log it 15 minutes to max that shit out? Probably. Hope you never flex on a swing shift, throwing away money on the back end. And you better flex as early as possible on that 6 to get that half hour of night diff.

Good thing you’re around or we wouldn’t know how credit works. Time off >>>>>>>> differentials. Enjoy soaking up every minute of night diff to cover the electric bill I guess. When you got off CIC do you forward log it 15 minutes to max that shit out? Probably. Hope you never flex on a swing shift, throwing away money on the back end. And you better flex as early as possible on that 6 to get that half hour of night diff.
You aren’t getting more time off. You’re just working more now lol

You aren’t getting more time off. You’re just working more now lol
I edited. You get 8 in a row if you’re smart. Plus you show up to work earlier than you can flex most days. 10 minutes adds up. Plus I’ll happily work an hour extra my first four days for a half day Friday. Every time.

I edited. You get 8 in a row if you’re smart. Plus you show up to work earlier than you can flex most days. 10 minutes adds up.
Well that makes more sense. But I see so many people give up a whole day off to work 8 hours of credit. Then 2 people bang out and the faa is like thank you for working for free soldier now we don’t need any OT.

Well that makes more sense. But I see so many people give up a whole day off to work 8 hours of credit. Then 2 people bang out and the faa is like thank you for working for free soldier now we don’t need any OT.
We couldn’t get anyone to come in for OT anyway. Already stuck on six’s. But still those people earning a full day can take a full day that lines up with a vacation or just some better timed three day weekends. Work in the winter and enjoy a few extra days in summer etc. Plenty of uses. Id work a credit mid if I could lol. Easiest 8 out there and I could give a shit about differentials, OT, holiday or Sunday pay.

You still work all those hours and get no differentials. My favorite is when people had signed up for credit and then people can’t get OT. RDO swaps are better
That is why you don't sign up and show up, only dumb FLM's deny credit. Deny my credit? Cool show me on Sick Leave for the day.

We couldn’t get anyone to come in for OT anyway. Already stuck on six’s. But still those people earning a full day can take a full day that lines up with a vacation or just some better timed three day weekends. Work in the winter and enjoy a few extra days in summer etc. Plenty of uses. Id work a credit mid if I could lol. Easiest 8 out there and I could give a shit about differentials, OT, holiday or Sunday pay.
This right here. Quality of Life becomes a major factor.

You still get night diff/cic/ojti pay while earning credit
I was under the impression CIC and OJTi only. I’ll have to look into it more. I’ve seen people decide to stay for credit and have the sup change their shift to show credit on the front instead of the back to get night diff.

I do RDO swaps too. But what I work 10 hour shifts. But I make sure I don’t earn it on Sunday/night diff. Then I use them on my last days of work. It’s beautiful. If I keep this up I’ll barely use 80 hours annual next year.

I’ll work credit to help someone get leave tho. My fav is when the sup keeps your on positon after your go home time and tried to get you to take credit.

I’ll work credit to help someone get leave tho. My fav is when the sup keeps your on positon after your go home time and tried to get you to take credit.
Out of curiosity. Why is "credit" a thing in the FAA but in the DOD it's "Comp time" or are they actually the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom