Selective Service Requirement

In their defense, did anybody listen in school? I bombed the asvab when they came to the school and required everyone to take it. I was a three sport athlete, I was going to college for sports man! Then a few years later I was in the recruiters office lolol

But leave it to Commiefornia to not require declaring to get a license. If I’m not mistaken, you’re automatically enrolled when you register to vote and/or join the military.
I dunno that’s where I went to HS and they told us to do it.

So do you guys think the statement intent letter is enough? It says I didn't willfully dodge, I still can't believe this hasn't happened to anyone on here. Not sure how else I can prove I didnt willfully dodge. Im sad again now.

So do you guys think the statement intent letter is enough? It says I didn't willfully dodge, I still can't believe this hasn't happened to anyone on here. Not sure how else I can prove I didnt willfully dodge. Im sad again now.
No one knows. Your fate is in the FAAs hands. Get a consult from an employment lawyer if your really worried

Your chances don’t look great

Always put yes? Then claim ignorance?
Well I did put yes because when i first heard of selective service it said 18-25 and I was 26 but it wouldn't let me register so I assumed I was good since I wasn't 18-25. It wasn't until the day before the PEPC event where I got my EODS sent back to me. I saw that I checked Yes on the Selective Service question, I changed this to no after calling the SS, and gave my reasoning. It's not like I put yes when i was eligible to register. I was just confused.

Well I did put yes because when i first heard of selective service it said 18-25 and I was 26 but it wouldn't let me register so I assumed I was good since I wasn't 18-25. It wasn't until the day before the PEPC event where I got my EODS sent back to me. I saw that I checked Yes on the Selective Service question, I changed this to no after calling the SS, and gave my reasoning. It's not like I put yes when i was eligible to register. I was just confused.
Did you put that you just thought it was a meme in the response

ikr , Korean war was like 40 years ago, 9/11 like 20. seriously thought the draft was a meme and had no idea its still a thing and actually illegal to not sign up. you'd think they'd send you more than 1 letter when your 18. also you'd think our schools would tell us about it.

You must've manually signed up yourself. Maybe you got your letter or maybe you needed financial aid and had to sign. However if you didn't know about and just got your license, Cali is one of like 5 states that don't force you to sign up.
You aren't signing up for a draft, you are registering for a future draft if it was needed. There was no draft for 9/11.

I just thought once the Harvester machines take you out of your liquid pod when born, you were automatically registered. Odd.

The fact OP thought the draft was a meme just shows how doomed our future is, and I’m not sure it’s even his fault. I legitimately am concerned and worried that he didn’t believe the draft was a real thing. Like HIGHLY concerned.

“The draft is legit? Yo that ain’t bussin’ on god fr fr cuz the military’s drip def not fire.” — OP’s response when he found out the draft was an actual thing.

Back
Top Bottom