Shoot the Breeze 4.0

Story time?
I won't go into too many details, but somebody (legitimately not sure who) decided to turn a trash can into a urinal. Had some beef with the janitorial staff which by itself I think is hilariously sad. There was even a memo about it.

I won't go into too many details, but somebody (legitimately not sure who) decided to turn a trash can into a urinal. Had some beef with the janitorial staff which by itself I think is hilariously sad. There was even a memo about it.
Post the memo

Guy at my FAC did that years ago. Tied the bag up and took it to the dumpster himself. A real American hero, that guy.

Dude yes!!! WE’RE BACK BABY!!!

Fake news! PushingTin would never get the vax

He was martyr. His legacy lives on. He is risen!

He Is Risen Love GIF

My loyalty to the union for the rest of my career entirely depends on how the negotiations go in 2026. If they fuck us and it’s a shit contract I’m out. I’ll remember these days.
Personal and local stuff
Strike 1 - supporting privatization that is definitely going to happen so we need a seat at the table. Yeah that didn't happen. It's been clarified to me the politics surrounding it and I get why, but I staunchly oppose it AND it didn't happen.

Strike 1.5 - basically ytelling the trainees to be thankful they were employed. These guys missed raises and I get it. BUT they were required to illegally telecommute against faa policy, we should have had an ability to telecommute mor go out (maybe it did I'm not training) but we could have leveraged that into an elms day or something once a year. It didn't matter to me but it's a little seasoning.

Strike 2 - I actually would probably die if I had to get the covid vaccine [including tetanus etc] sparing all the details I really felt ousted. I did not receive guidance on my exemption etc. During this time however the postmaster union came out with an amazing statement about the importance of protecting everyone with the vaccine, but also the importance of the employer mandating health procedures. I happened to see a huge celebratory post about changing airmen to air missions and was taken aback....like what
In addition the map we were using or whatever was still orange, but we resumed normal ops when the airlines picked up NOT when it was safe

Strike 2.5 - Being left out of the initial paid parental leave for federal employees. How much legal and consulting money go out. Who missed it? Again didn't really do much for me (we aren't gonna have another one, hopefully) but it irked me.

So why isn't it Strike 3?

5 10 schedule Was lit
I work 4-5 hours a day
The FAA will bend us over and my local does a generally good job.

Yeah there is stuff that irritates me and mistakes made but it'd have to be the white book 2.0?

I'd argue that if this negotiation doesn't go well in 2026 we need to double down. It'll be more important if we get a union busting president to come together and show unity. My personal stuff and irritations are still not as powerful as the faa mandating my time on position, making me sit on clearance delivery til I go home etc

Personal and local stuff
Strike 1 - supporting privatization that is definitely going to happen so we need a seat at the table. Yeah that didn't happen. It's been clarified to me the politics surrounding it and I get why, but I staunchly oppose it AND it didn't happen.

Strike 1.5 - basically ytelling the trainees to be thankful they were employed. These guys missed raises and I get it. BUT they were required to illegally telecommute against faa policy, we should have had an ability to telecommute mor go out (maybe it did I'm not training) but we could have leveraged that into an elms day or something once a year. It didn't matter to me but it's a little seasoning.

Strike 2 - I actually would probably die if I had to get the covid vaccine [including tetanus etc] sparing all the details I really felt ousted. I did not receive guidance on my exemption etc. During this time however the postmaster union came out with an amazing statement about the importance of protecting everyone with the vaccine, but also the importance of the employer mandating health procedures. I happened to see a huge celebratory post about changing airmen to air missions and was taken aback....like what
In addition the map we were using or whatever was still orange, but we resumed normal ops when the airlines picked up NOT when it was safe

Strike 2.5 - Being left out of the initial paid parental leave for federal employees. How much legal and consulting money go out. Who missed it? Again didn't really do much for me (we aren't gonna have another one, hopefully) but it irked me.

So why isn't it Strike 3?

5 10 schedule Was lit
I work 4-5 hours a day
The FAA will bend us over and my local does a generally good job.

Yeah there is stuff that irritates me and mistakes made but it'd have to be the white book 2.0?

I'd argue that if this negotiation doesn't go well in 2026 we need to double down. It'll be more important if we get a union busting president to come together and show unity. My personal stuff and irritations are still not as powerful as the faa mandating my time on position, making me sit on clearance delivery til I go home etc
We share very similar views on this. Strike 2 carries a lot of weight in my book over pretty much everything else, but yeah NATCA has dropped the ball big time in the last 10 years. I'm really hoping we can turn this ship around shortly.

Back
Top Bottom