Short-term house rental?

I’ll get you a copy tomorrow….. if I remember.
Yeah it's on the FAA employee website...shit is like 450 pages long. I'll post it here tomorrow if I remember.

Just tried to upload it, says file too big to attach

Last edited:
FAA Travel Policy Page 2-28

2C1C - Paragraph 2 - We encourage you to stay in lodging facilities the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) designates as “approved accommodations.” However, you may stay at the lodging of your choosing. You can find FEMA approved accommodations on the U.S. Fire Administration website.

FAA Travel Policy Behind Firewall

2C1C - Paragraph 2 - We encourage you to stay in lodging facilities the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) designates as “approved accommodations.” However, you may stay at the lodging of your choosing. You can find FEMA approved accommodations on the U.S. Fire Administration website.

Glad to see the jazz drenched grandma sheets of Kim's are "approved accommodations" according to FEMA.

Yeah it seems like there's a lot of room for interpretation, like they left it vague intentionally. I emailed the regional travel coordinator and a couple other people, I'll report back with their answer.

Being “allowed” to stay somewhere and being reimbursed for it are different topics though. Does the policy specify that?

Can email to [email protected] if you want
On its way

Yeah it seems like there's a lot of room for interpretation, like they left it vague intentionally. I emailed the regional travel coordinator and a couple other people, I'll report back with their answer.

On its way

You make 11 pay and your wife makes twice as much as you. Just buy a house in OKC for $100k and then rent it out to trainee schmucks when you leave

You make 11 pay and your wife makes twice as much as you. Just buy a house in OKC for $100k and then rent it out to trainee schmucks when you leave
Hmmmm...start my own housing empire, I like it.

Phillyman's Place: the shuttle is a 94 GMC pickup, the "meal plan" option is just a week's worth of scrapple and pork roll, the clubhouse only plays the 2018 Superbowl win on loop at full volume, and none of the doors have locks

I average 150 nights a year on the road. I stay hotels, VRBO, Air BnB and just private deals I’ve worked out with certain landlords. My travel vouchers have always been approved and paid.

Any grown ass adults (CPC-ITs) been to RTF/TSEW and rented a short-term apartment, i.e. not an "FAA-approved housing provider?" I'm bringing my wife and dog out with me for RTF/TSEW, going to be out there for 2 months so I want to see if I can do a long-term AirBnB or some shit vs staying at the FAA revolving-door cum hostels.

Can anyone shed light on how this was accomplished? Havent gotten any good answers locally. What are the reimbursement policies now that they make you use this dumb ass gubmint credit card?
Have you heard something about the PHL bid already?!

Received an email from the travel Coordinator for my region, AirBnB is permitted as long as the receipt shows the charges in form of a nightly fee with taxes shown as a separate line item.
nice. probably didn't ask, but did they specify if this applies to non-new hires only?

Honestly not sure, they dont approve rental cars for initial hires either so maybe there are different rules for those subhuman scum
Rental cars are in the contract for us. So definitely two sets of rules there.

Back
Top Bottom