Spouse Employment

Phanatical

⭐SuperStar
My wife works for a airline as a gate agent currently and I’m just getting ready to start the academy. Does anyone have experience with seeing if your spouse can work with an airline when they are ATC?

My wife works for a airline as a gate agent currently and I’m just getting ready to start the academy. Does anyone have experience with seeing if your spouse can work with an airline when they are ATC?
Lots of people’s spouses are flight attendants. You just can’t hold stock. If your using flight benefits I wouldn’t advertise it.

Can't speak on the rules but we've got a controller who's wife is a flight attendant. I wouldn't think there's any issues though but really no one's gonna care what your wife does.

One thing is certain though. Don't ask HR or anyone at the academy if it's okay. They're more than likely not going to know the actual answer and will just tell you it's not okay. Just have her keep working and don't mention it.

C
There’s a controller in my area that’s dad is a pilot and says hi every other week as he flys through. Nobody cares, you just can’t buy stonks

Woman I worked with at my last facility: her husband was a pilot for Frontier
Dude I worked with at same facility: wife was a flight attendant for Delta

It's no big deal. Just don't have a financial stake anywhere.

I believe when I went through academy they said something along the lines of "if your spouse is already employed by an airline it's okay, but your spouse can't be hired by an airline after you've been hired as ATC." And that information went hand in hand with the stocks you weren't allowed to buy. No guidance on non-spouses though, just legal husband/wife.

Also, I could be entirely wrong, but that's just what I remember.

I believe when I went through academy they said something along the lines of "if your spouse is already employed by an airline it's okay, but your spouse can't be hired by an airline after you've been hired as ATC." And that information went hand in hand with the stocks you weren't allowed to buy. No guidance on non-spouses though, just legal husband/wife.

Also, I could be entirely wrong, but that's just what I remember.
There ain’t no way they can restrict spouses employment opportunities. I could be wrong but that doesn’t sound right at all.

There ain’t no way they can restrict spouses employment opportunities. I could be wrong but that doesn’t sound right at all.
Like I said I very much could be incorrect about it, but I could have swore they said something along those lines. And if they can restrict spouse and familial investments, why wouldn't they be able to restrict employment once you are under their thumb?

Like I said I very much could be incorrect about it, but I could have swore they said something along those lines. And if they can restrict spouse and familial investments, why wouldn't they be able to restrict employment once you are under their thumb?
idk if they can. But they don’t cus a lot of ppl have spouse as flight attendant even sups

Back
Top Bottom