Stories from the break room

Sidewinder133

While we wait, I'll tell y'all a story of a controller at my current facility. We'll call him Todd.

Todd was competing on an actual bid with another controller at our facility. Todd wasn't the most likeable controller. Todd was a fine controller, but widely known as an asshole.

With little shock, the other controller was selected for the position. Todd was so mad, he sent an email to the ATM of the gaining facility demanding to know why he was selected and wanted to know "what they were thinking" (quote from Todd's email).

Todd did not receive a response to his email. Todd snooped around, and found the personal cell phone number to the ATM. He then proceeded to call the ATM. The ATM answered, and said he would love to talk to Todd about it and that he would go over it with him when he got back to the facility on Monday. He excitedly told Todd to give him a call back on his office number. They hung up, and Todd just knew he would get to the bottom of this.

The weekend goes by, and Todd gets to the facility that Monday happy, and ready to give the ATM a piece of his mind. Todd calls the ATMs office number and the secretary answers.

"Hello, this is Todd, I was told by the ATM to call today to discuss why I wasn't selected."

"Uh, sorry sir there must be done mistake.'

"Mistake? No mistake, I was told to call."

"Sir, Friday was the ATMs last day at work. He retired."

Todd hangs up the phone. Deflated and defeated.

The end. 100% true story, by a boss ATM.

Hopefully she doesn't realize she can leave without you!!!! Lol.
Fun story, this was probably 5-6 years ago. We'll call these people guy and girl and I won't say what facility in Alaska. Guy and girl are in a serious relationship. Girls family is from Alaska and convinces guy to both put ERRs into Alaska. They both get selected. Release dates are 3 months apart, they decide Guy should go first, find a place, get set up, and girl will follow 3 months later. Guy leaves, 3 months go by and girl turns down her FOL, tells Guy she's been banging his best friend and stays put. Filthy.

Fun story, this was probably 5-6 years ago. We'll call these people guy and girl and I won't say what facility in Alaska. Guy and girl are in a serious relationship. Girls family is from Alaska and convinces guy to both put ERRs into Alaska. They both get selected. Release dates are 3 months apart, they decide Guy should go first, find a place, get set up, and girl will follow 3 months later. Guy leaves, 3 months go by and girl turns down her FOL, tells Guy she's been banging his best friend and stays put. Filthy.

Good lord that's harsh lol

What a friggin savage man ruthless!

This will help pass the night at my job (not ATC at the moment).

At my first military ATC assignment there was a supervisor who was married to an obese civilian woman. Think they had several kids. We got a female trainee who went through training with some headaches but eventually got certified, with the previously-mentioned male supervisor doing her rating.

A few months later she gets orders to Japan. Then the supervisor gets orders to Japan...And someone realizes that it is joint-spouse orders! They had been banging for a long time and apparently the dude divorced her wife and married the trainee in secret. By the time they get to Japan they both have to come back to the US for the UCMJ investigation. Especially since he had done her certification while they were banging. Long story short they both stayed in the military and had several kids together...But the dude ended up divorcing her and going back to his original wife!

Quick one. When I first arrived to my duty station as a military ATC'r, I was doing tower cab cleanup and found a pair of dirty, women's underwear stuffed behind the water cooler. Pretty sure I know who they belonged to bc later learned the supervisor from the above story was also banging this very overweight female controller. Madness!

Quick one. When I first arrived to my duty station as a military ATC'r, I was doing tower cab cleanup and found a pair of dirty, women's underwear stuffed behind the water cooler. Pretty sure I know who they belonged to bc later learned the supervisor from the above story was also banging this very overweight female controller. Madness!
Sounds like a pimp

We had a guy who was really socially awkward. Instructors at the academy for tower and RTF had all kinds of stories of him when he worked in a couple other facilities before mine. He was one of those guys who had been in forever and had well over 2K sick hours. Suddenly he's gone one day. The rumor was his wife of at least a few years turned out to be trans and he had a mental breakdown and went on meds, used up the sick leave and retired. How would one not know?

I try to avoid the break room when I can; people get in trouble in the break room around here saying the wrong thing or whatever. We have some nice secluded spots we can go to, luckily.

We had a guy who was really socially awkward. Instructors at the academy for tower and RTF had all kinds of stories of him when he worked in a couple other facilities before mine. He was one of those guys who had been in forever and had well over 2K sick hours. Suddenly he's gone one day. The rumor was his wife of at least a few years turned out to be trans and he had a mental breakdown and went on meds, used up the sick leave and retired. How would one not know?

I try to avoid the break room when I can; people get in trouble in the break room around here saying the wrong thing or whatever. We have some nice secluded spots we can go to, luckily.

Nice secluded spots to take a dumpster break ehh?

My God that's greasy.

Back
Top Bottom