The woeful unpreparedness of Management

Brothers and Sisters,
Yesterday, after significant advocacy by NATCA, the FAA increased the number of employees who are released on excused absence in order to draw down the number of personnel in facilities, reducing the risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus. We also have agreed to suspend all On-the-Job-Training (OJTI) in the facility until April 15, 2020. This decision will be re-evaluated at that time along with the decision to suspend National Training Initiative (NTI) tracking and reporting. Finally, the FAA has agreed to work with us on dynamic scheduling of operational employees in our facilities. Although we cannot implement this new scheduling process immediately, we are working closely with FAA to expedite its implementation. We will update you on that process as soon as we can.
We also continue to advocate for a reliable and consistent distribution of disinfecting supplies to our facilities and priority testing for operational personnel so that we can protect the membership while maintaining the operation of the National Airspace System. We are advocating to everyone we can including Congressional representatives, Governors, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and the White House Coronavirus Task Force led by the Vice President.
This pandemic is not only affecting our families and our workplaces, but it also is affecting our Union’s business. After significant internal discussion, we have decided to postpone the NATCA Convention scheduled for May 27-29, 2020 in Houston, Texas. In light of the public health crisis and the potential to have the Convention canceled due to events outside our control, rescheduling it now is the best course of action. We are working to secure a new date. As the hotel has laid off most employees due to the national emergency, please do not contact them to cancel or reschedule at this time. In the coming days we will provide a link that will allow registrants to easily reschedule or cancel their registration online.
When this crisis began, we also had to postpone NATCA In Washington (NiW). After much work with the Marriott Marquis Washington, D.C., we have agreed to reschedule NiW for December 9-11, 2020. We will share more details on the rescheduling of both events at the appropriate time in the future. Rescheduling these events are disappointing to us as well as you, but our inconvenience pales in comparison to the day-to-day issues that each of us are facing right now.
As always, any member can directly contact their regional leadership at the email below with any questions regarding COVID-19 related issues. Someone will respond and provide an answer as quickly as possible.
Alaska
Central
Eastern
Great Lakes
New England
Northwest Mountain
Southern
Southwest
Western Pacific
Region X
In solidarity,
NATCA National Executive Board

Have any of you guys under any type of shelter in place order gotten any documentation stating that you are an essential employee for use in traffic stops and shit?

My sisters coworker got pulled over this morning and was able to provide a letter, however the cop said it's a 700 dollar fine if you can't present anything in my state.

Yet another thing I'm sure the agency is behind on.

What's the point? They're getting plenty of official time right now and the biggest ask they've been able to get the FAA to concede to is letting Clearance Delivery trainees stay home. Fucking useless.
The point is that with those EOs in place the entirety of the next contract term will feel like the last 2 weeks have. Fuck that noise.

Have any of you guys under any type of shelter in place order gotten any documentation stating that you are an essential employee for use in traffic stops and shit?

My sisters coworker got pulled over this morning and was able to provide a letter, however the cop said it's a 700 dollar fine if you can't present anything in my state.

Attachments

• B5CEC532-BBF1-4987-9EAB-F029B9A59D02.png
    B5CEC532-BBF1-4987-9EAB-F029B9A59D02.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
Since the people on excused absence are “recallable”, what exactly does that mean for someone at home? 24 hour notice? Come in immediately?

A Federal Govt. PIV should suffice as long as the officer is informed as to what’s going on.

I had an email from my rep who said that the attorney general has claimed your piv card should be qualifying proof if you’re pulled over. But as you’ve said, I doubt every cop knows that...

Back
Top Bottom