TMC Hiring Process

I know next to nothing about TMU..what positions do you need to certify at a center vs tracon vs tower TMU? Also what are the chances of getting hired from a level 5 tower?
Depends on the facility. At the tracons I have worked the majority of the hires come from in house and therefore maintain their room certification. The fee that are selected from outside the facility just have to certify on departure and feeder and train to minimums on final. My precious facility they worked a combination of all the positions including satellite, but only half or so of the positions.

Haha, not going there, just trying to get an idea of what controllers that do go there do.

I’m guessing run around telling everyone they meet how they single handedly keep the NAS afloat and how everything basically shuts down every time they have a day off.

DDC2C6DB-ECC3-4A20-8C47-2C62D40CDED1.jpeg

though not going to act like my day is much different.

I was gonna say they put in flow mitigation strategies and then toss them out the window the minute they get a call from the users complaining about delays

You can almost always go straight to the floor but you would be nuts to do that. I knew a couple people who thought they were bad ass, got picked up for TMU, vowed to go to the floor after a few years to work side by side with the guys then balked at it when they seen how stress free TMU was and how hard the floor can be.
Anyone know if this is still the case though? I only want to put in for a TMU bid if it’s definitely easy to transfer to the floor. How does that process even work? More garbage paperwork to turn into HR or simply to the managers in-house? That Z won’t be picking up any time soon for NCEPT due to a high projected staffing percentage.

Back
Top Bottom