TMU openings

Tmubb

Lurker
Anyone ever have any luck getting into a TMU position that wasn't in house? If so, what was your prev experience, and did you do anything other than apply (tour, contact facrep, etc)?

I think I heard the center in this area just filled a TMU position with an ATM from a nearby low level tower. Not sure what that means for your question but I did hear it from someone.

Anyone ever have any luck getting into a TMU position that wasn't in house? If so, what was your prev experience, and did you do anything other than apply (tour, contact facrep, etc)?

I have seen a few people get tmu slots from outside the building at a couple different facilities.

Generally, they were worse people then what could have been picked up in house. Then, the few that were decent, decided they hated it and went back to the floor.

Got him to DEN. I’d say good. Ha

He said he went to a center though. So ZDV right, not DEN. ZDV regularly picks up people out of house.

Pretty simple TMU since they are a 10 and everyone else basically tells them what to do. Then you go there, check out at one sector and never have to control traffic again.

Also, having worked at ZDV they were the worst tmu of the 3 places I have worked. Mostly useless or they were. I Saw quite a few a Traffic Management Revues where they failed to do their one job.

Terrible releases when in trails were in place; sorry JFK friend, fly an extra 90 miles rather then sit on the ground, poor attempts at metering only the cat3 aircraft; just call us with each one and we will ripple the list, etcetera.

Unless you count calling on the walkie talkie to advise you that your sector is ‘red’ a job. Or mistyping reroutes into EDST and then calling the supervisor to have the controller issue them.

but hey, maybe things have changed in the last 3 years. Don’t miss them.

He said he went to a center though. So ZDV right, not DEN. ZDV regularly picks up people out of house.

Pretty simple TMU since they are a 10 and everyone else basically tells them what to do. Then you go there, check out at one sector and never have to control traffic again.

Also, having worked at ZDV they were the worst tmu of the 3 places I have worked. Mostly useless or they were. I Saw quite a few a Traffic Management Revues where they failed to do their one job.

Terrible releases when in trails were in place; sorry JFK friend, fly an extra 90 miles rather then sit on the ground, poor attempts at metering only the cat3 aircraft; just call us with each one and we will ripple the list, etcetera.

Unless you count calling on the walkie talkie to advise you that your sector is ‘red’ a job. Or mistyping reroutes into EDST and then calling the supervisor to have the controller issue them.

but hey, maybe things have changed in the last 3 years. Don’t miss them.
You guys have walkie talkies?

Don't do it unless you are scared of working traffic or old and want to be put out to pasture. You will not be challenged and your life will go unfulfilled.

ZDV has been able to release exactly 9 out of the last 10 panels but yeah cAN’t EscApE denVeR, weirrrrrrrd...

We released people on the last one but I don't think we did the two before that. I know for sure that we didn't pick up or release anyone on the one before. I'm admittedly not putting out ERR's for everywhere though. Don't want to go somewhere else I'm just going to hate and don't want to get picked up somewhere I'd be legitimately stuck at. I missed one panel we released on by a couple weeks because I thought I'd be able to stick it out here. Then they did the rule change and here I am.

maybe ZKC doesnt want him back?

They haven't been able to pick up under the new rules. I'd put in for more places but I just want to get back to what I know instead of ending up somewhere I'll just end up hating again. I've been bidding all kinds of shit though. Couldn't get a deviation for ZKC TMU, haven't had luck on sup bids, etc...

Last edited:
We released people on the last one but I don't think we did the two before that. I know for sure that we didn't pick up or release anyone on the one before. I'm admittedly not putting out ERR's for everywhere though. Don't want to go somewhere else I'm just going to hate and don't want to get picked up somewhere I'd be legitimately stuck at. I missed one panel we released on by a couple weeks because I thought I'd be able to stick it out here. Then they did the rule change and here I am.

They haven't been able to pick up under the new rules. I'd put in for more places but I just want to get back to what I know instead of ending up somewhere I'll just end up hating again. I've been bidding all kinds of shit though. Couldn't get a deviation for ZKC TMU, haven't had luck on sup bids, etc...
Exactly 9 out of the last 10 panels.

Back
Top Bottom