Toxicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

atcpoint

Currently CPC at my small facility. Running into issues with coworkers.

So an investigation happened at our facility and it made me look like the guy who “whistleblower” my facrep seems to think so as well and this has created and huge gap in relationships I once had with coworkers.

The investigation that occurred created and hostile work environment and I have brought these concerns up to my facrep. I was told to just continue to keep my head down and let time pass. I was willing to do that. Until…

I was in position working and a strip for flow printed out, a flow that we already CFR on. I handed the strip to the CIC(who is a CPC) and I get back to position. The CIC (who we had a coworker relationship but since investigation has kept quiet around me, or has talked little to me since) told me “if you give me another strip like that, I’m gonna punch you in your chest so hard your gonna feel it in your *spine*” my response was quiet and turned back to my position and worked. Note that there are 3 people total in the room. 2 operation positions and a CIC.

honestly, I feel like I’m fucked. During the investigation I told the truth and left it. The Facrep was in the room for the interviews so he knows everything that was said. I honestly don’t know what to do at this point because if I say anything I’m the “rat” which they perceive me already to be. And if I don’t and this sort of environment continues, and I do get punched one day. I honestly don’t know. I’d love to get out of my facility don’t get me wrong. But I’m trying to do it the NCEPT way.

I will be reading responses but I won’t be replying. I’m not a snowflake or a Rat. I just want to see what advice if any you guys have. Thank you salty for your continued love ❤️

Last edited:
That’s unacceptable.
Burn that bitch to the ground.
Stand up for yourself.
Agreed.

Two sides to every story but regardless of what happened if someone threatened you with violence in the operation that’s unacceptable and I’d get the fuck out of there and burn the place to the ground on the way out. It will definitely follow you wherever you go but a least you have a chance to start over. Sounds like a lost cause where you are.

So an investigation happened at our facility and it made me look like the guy who “whistleblower” my facrep seems to think so as well and this has created and huge gap in relationships I once had with coworkers.

The investigation that occurred created and hostile work environment and I have brought these concerns up to my facrep. I was told to just continue to keep my head down and let time pass. I was willing to do that. Until…

I was in position working and a strip for flow printed out, a flow that we already CFR on. I handed the strip to the CIC(who is a CPC) and I get back to position. The CIC (who we had a coworker relationship but since investigation has kept quiet around me, or has talked little to me since) told me “if you give me another strip like that, I’m gonna punch you in your chest so hard your gonna feel it in your chest” my response was quiet and turned back to my position and worked. Note that there are 3 people total in the room. 2 operation positions and a CIC.

honestly, I feel like I’m fucked. During the investigation I told the truth and left it. The Facrep was in the room for the interviews so he knows everything that was said. I honestly don’t know what to do at this point because if I say anything I’m the “rat” which they perceive me already to be. And if I don’t and this sort of environment continues, and I do get punched one day. I honestly don’t know. I’d love to get out of my facility don’t get me wrong. But I’m trying to do it the NCEPT way.

I will be reading responses but I won’t be replying. I’m not a snowflake or a Rat. I just want to see what advice if any you guys have. Thank you salty for your continued love ❤️
Generally speaking in it is best not to become a narc or "whistleblower" as it creates the issues you described above. But to your point, it is unfortunate things like this happen, and yes, in a small facility, it will define someone. It is hard to say what to do other then trying make a huge deal of everything and "burn that bitch to the ground", but that's not always good advice. Maybe they will falsely promote you in NCEPT rankings to get you out of the building, that would vicariously help, or hopefully you can get out on a consolidation if you are at a up/down. So I wish I could give you better advice, the core of the problem is probably not you, it is lots of people sitting around board at a tiny facility with nothing to do but make drama, therefor it is in the best interest of everyone to consolidate as many of these facilities as possible.

“Punch you in your chest so hard you’re gonna feel it in your chest”… lol what a tool. F that person. Good on you for not saying anything back.

Honestly though, if it’s miserable there and a lost cause, play this card and get the fuck out. Start over at somewhere you want to be It’s your life and your career. If life is miserable and a dread to go in there I’d leave anyway possible. Not sure how facility placement would work in this situation but I’m sure some do

“Punch you in your chest so hard you’re gonna feel it in your chest”… lol what a tool. F that person. Good on you for not saying anything back.

Honestly though, if it’s miserable there and a lost cause, play this card and get the fuck out. Start over at somewhere you want to be It’s your life and your career. If life is miserable and a dread to go in there I’d leave anyway possible. Not sure how facility placement would work in this situation but I’m sure some do
Oh F. Feel it in your *spine* damn.

Reactions: KAB
Thank you all for the responses so far. As this may or may not be also relevant, the facrep is very close to the national eboard. This person talks to the union executives often

I’ve had this happen a couple times at my facility and they seem to stay in the region. Not sure if that means anything for the process or it just happened to work out that way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Generally speaking in it is best not to become a narc or "whistleblower" as it creates the issues you described above. But to your point, it is unfortunate things like this happen, and yes, in a small facility, it will define someone. It is hard to say what to do other then trying make a huge deal of everything and "burn that bitch to the ground", but that's not always good advice. Maybe they will falsely promote you in NCEPT rankings to get you out of the building, that would vicariously help, or hopefully you can get out on a consolidation if you are at a up/down. So I wish I could give you better advice, the core of the problem is probably not you, it is lots of people sitting around board at a tiny facility with nothing to do but make drama, therefor it is in the best interest of everyone to consolidate as many of these facilities as possible.
If his story is true he’ll be able to go wherever he wants

Thank you all for the responses so far. As this may or may not be also relevant, the facrep is very close to the national eboard. This person talks to the union executives often
You are talking about a hostile work environment. So if your story is true you need to talk to HR and maybe an employment lawyer

If you get a lawyer and light all the fires they’ll give you a settlement at the command center. Once it leaves the building it’s a whole nother world.

Sadly this career is filled with petty and pathetic people. It’s amazing some of these people are controlling the lives of hundreds or thousands a day and they act like it’s still high school. Report it and hopefully you’ll be fast tracked to another location and/or that POS gets canned. A combo of both sounds fair.

I was in position working and a strip for flow printed out, a flow that we already CFR on. I handed the strip to the CIC(who is a CPC) and I get back to position. The CIC (who we had a coworker relationship but since investigation has kept quiet around me, or has talked little to me since) told me “if you give me another strip like that, I’m gonna punch you in your chest so hard your gonna feel it in your *spine*” my response was quiet and turned back to my position and worked. Note that there are 3 people total in the room. 2 operation positions and a CIC.

Stand up for yourself. Never let any of the "Facility Bullies" say or do anything that could cause physical harm to you. Never ever let them insult you. Every facility has them and management is usually too scared to deal with them so the behavior never stops. If your FACREP talks about anything that was said in your Weingarten meeting file a ULP against NATCA because anything said in an investigatory meeting is strictly confidential. Report any kind inappropriate behavior to your supervisor immediately and always follow up with them about what they are doing about it. I would suggest maybe even lawyering up. DO NOT worry about burning bridges, do what is best for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KAB
I would just have my phone or watch constantly recording audio during the day at work and just wait for them to say stupid shit like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom