Toxicity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plug a handset into the CD/FD or assist position if you have one and “accidentally” hit brief.

I have heard of a facility where someone did just that. From what I understand, it work out that the parties targeted got in a small amount of trouble, the bulk of the heat came back on the person doing the recording.

Plug a handset into the CD/FD or assist position if you have one and “accidentally” hit brief.

DO NOT DO THIS!!! It is illegal, not usable against anyone no matter what they did or said and will get the person recording in hot water if they find out who did it. At my first facility a supervisor did this to try to bust controllers doing things they weren't supposed to be doing. The controllers did not get in any trouble and the supervisor got suspended for one week.

Get a lawyer.
If union won't help don't on your own.
Just get out.

If you have to use ALL of your leave sue to get it back if you aren't comfortable working.

Sick of the atmosphere in some facilities

DO NOT DO THIS!!! It is illegal, not usable against anyone no matter what they did or said and will get the person recording in hot water if they find out who did it. At my first facility a supervisor did this to try to bust controllers doing things they weren't supposed to be doing. The controllers did not get in any trouble and the supervisor got suspended for one week.
Yes don’t actually do this

Reactions: KAB
Yeah, based on what you've said I don't think it's ever going to get better there for you.

I don't know what the original incident was where you were a whistleblower, but my experience on that is when something like that happens, the person involved quickly becomes ostracized and even hated by most of the work force, especially if they feel it wasn't warranted, or was done for personal gain.

Usually sucks for all parties involved.

Get a lawyer.
If union won't help don't on your own.
Just get out.

If you have to use ALL of your leave sue to get it back if you aren't comfortable working.

Sick of the atmosphere in some facilities
Do not, I repeat DO NOT let the union handle this for you. Go full lawyer from the get-go and be absolutely ruthless

Probably ratted his coworkers out for someone having a phone in their dead level 5 up down. Just my guess.

Probably ratted his coworkers out for someone having a phone in their dead level 5 up down. Just my guess.
Like I said, I was not the whistleblower yet from questions asked, it was made to believe I was. I just did the right thing by answering the questions honestly.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT let the union handle this for you. Go full lawyer from the get-go and be absolutely ruthless
Doesn't the union retain lawyers for members?
Or would the union have lawyers only for union interests?
Where do you find a workplace harassment lawyer with a vague knowledge of faa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom