Training hour requirement per trainee

Electricfence

Trusted Contributor
Word is a new requirement will be instituted this week: 12-18 hours of training per week per trainee depending on if they have a position to maintain currency on. How many of your facilities will be able to accomplish that, particularly the small ones?

If we had any trainees we probably could but I could see how that would be nearly impossible a few months ago when we had 5.

Indy district has had a mandatory 10 hours of training for at least a few months now. Upping those numbers will just create an increase in the amount of training time extensions needed. Trainees will be blowing through hours and then argue they weren’t exposed to enough traffic/weather/etc.

Def not possible here. Between the total shitshow that NDIS handicapped us with, the amount of trainees, and short staffing if you get 5 hours a week count yourself lucky.

Where’s NATCA on this one? Our facility is dead during the winter. Are trainees going to sit on position for 4 hours a day and not talk to any planes?

Yeah sounds like the powers that be aren't backing away from this so facilities are gonna have to raise the hours.

Yeah sounds like the powers that be aren't backing away from this so facilities are gonna have to raise the hours.
The irony of this being a lot of facilities have had their allotted hours set back when things were different with lower complexity and traffic levels. As the NAS continues to grow to alleviate the problem of blowing through hours and extensions each facility should take a look at the allotted hours and increase/decrease as necessary.

Then people wonder why trainees suck.... can’t learn anything doing one hour of training every other day. Idc how many hours you get.
100%, our 1 Sup with a Medical went on a two week vacation and I think the whole facility got about 8 total hours of training (between 3 trainees) the two weeks he was gone. Thankfully he checked me out right before he left.

Natca is in full support of this— no one else got the email yesterday from the union about getting training done?? I think the title of the email was something along the lines of “everyday is Training day!”

This is an indirect result of NCEPT. Too many CPC-ITs in the system and too long of training time. The theory is that with increased training per week certification will take less time. My facility has started to post the district training time per week on the bulletin board. I was told by the fac rep that it only counts trainees who are actively training. So people seasoning or in class/lab will not drag down the number.

Natca is in full support of this— no one else got the email yesterday from the union about getting training done?? I think the title of the email was something along the lines of “everyday is Training day!”

Image result for training day gifs

Initially I agree MJ , but then overtime maybe the ncept won’t send so many trainees to a facility. The ncept will then distribute personnel more appropriately, maybe academy placements will be better, direct hire might be better.

Initially I agree MJ , but then overtime maybe the ncept won’t send so many trainees to a facility. The ncept will then distribute personnel more appropriately, maybe academy placements will be better, direct hire might be better.

Academy placements in the enroute world have definitely benefited over the last year from less NCEPT panels.

Back
Top Bottom