Operational Info​

Facility Level History​

Old LevelNew LevelEffective Date
763/1/2020

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

Come to TUS. We need all the help we can get. Especially if you have experience with fighter jets and overhead patterns.

It was recently on a bunch of lists from the prior exp bid. I know a guy heading that way in November, but you could possibly be getting more from it.

Looking for information on this facility.

Training program, facility morale, cityscape, anything special one should know about it?

Thanks!

Looking for information on this facility.

Training program, facility morale, cityscape, anything special one should know about it?

Thanks!
The training program here takes about 10 months, but it’s nothing overwhelming. The tower is basically brand new, at the airport we’ve got air carrier and GA traffic that we mix with the guard F-16s we have stationed here so knowledge of the overhead is an advantage. The city itself is cool, downtown has enough nightlife to keep you occupied plus the university is there. Cost of living is hella cheap. We’re REALLY short staffed at the moment, we need all the people that the FAA is willing to throw at us. Oh, and in the summertime it’s hot as balls here.

Anyone have any information on TUS traffic and training? At a level 5 right now and I’d like to transfer here one day (my hometown)

Anyone have any information on TUS traffic and training? At a level 5 right now and I’d like to transfer here one day (my hometown)
Don’t know about the training but I was right next door at DMA and it’s a good mix of airline/ga/military traffic. Our C130’s/A10’s would shoot approaches over there for training as well as the F16 guard detachment that is there. It seemed decently busy there as I think there are a few flight schools at the airport.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom