What is family life really like for an ATC?

If the OP is real I bet she doesn’t know that once he (if he) graduates the academy he’ll get sent pretty much wherever the FAA wants with minimal choice on locations.

Why is morale at most center low?
Cuz they all have DVT and severe obesity from sitting down all day and mesothelioma from the asbestos in the centers built back in the 60s. They're all mad that none of the avgeeks listen to their high enroute sector on LiveATC. Also they all have ugly wives. And never say "with you," that really chaps their ass.

Where were you working that you worked more than 6 days in a row more than 10+ hour shifts??
Every deployment ever haha

Another option is you could get a job making six figs a year at forty hours a week and let him stay at home with the kids and enjoy all the holidays.

Cuz they all have DVT and severe obesity from sitting down all day and mesothelioma from the asbestos in the centers built back in the 60s. They're all mad that none of the avgeeks listen to their high enroute sector on LiveATC. Also they all have ugly wives. And never say "with you," that really chaps their ass.
These are the type of comments that will bring you from the minor leagues to the majors. Good job man.

Where is T Cassie when you need her? She could probably tell you about her dad.

Her dad is an ATM so watch your ass boy.

Just like any other job that is 24 hours a day, yes you might miss some holidays. Divorce rates are the same as the entire country LOL. The shifts are scheduled up to 6 weeks in advance (for us at center) and it’s a schedule you bid on so I like the consistency. I think you’re worrying for no reason.

Another option is you could get a job making six figs a year at forty hours a week and let him stay at home with the kids and enjoy all the holidays.

What branch were you in to get a day off while in country?

Why is morale at most center low?

schedule scams, low staffing, incompetent management, fraternization, piss poor training departments, toxic areas, etc.

all except for Seattle Artcc, which is loved by all ?

Damn, atleast for the AF they never went more than 6 days in a row on actual ATC deployments. They didn’t mind tho, said it made the time fly by “faster”.

I think he means tac C2 controlling, like kingpin. It’s not atc but we control aircraft too. Before you say it’s not real controlling it is. You ever separate a French fighter from a drone doing stirkes? No nobody has cause they don’t care about their life lol

schedule scams, low staffing, incompetent management, fraternization, piss poor training departments, toxic areas, etc.

all except for Seattle Artcc, which is loved by all ?
Sector 8 always sounds like they are in a good mood

I think he means tac C2 controlling, like kingpin. It’s not atc but we control aircraft too. Before you say it’s not real controlling it is. You ever separate a French fighter from a drone doing stirkes? No nobody has cause they don’t care about their life lol

Controlled a drone on COD, practically tac myself...

Not a French one, and not a drone DOING strikes. Lol

Back
Top Bottom