You know what really grinds my gears...

The perforations on the strip! There’s always a little flap on the edge.

When people load the strip stack holder backwards and you have to pick it up and rotate it before putting it in the actual stack holder that sits behind the printer.

Oh, and Kilo in the destination airport on VFR pop ups.

Intrafacility coordination on handset/loudspeaker and they have the volume way up so the feedback screeches; I just hang up. Or communication when people are on handset/loudspeaker and on't pick up the receiver so you can barely hear them speaking back to you.

When supes won't address leave and they're all like "It's a week away, and something could happen between now and then". And then when someone calls in they're like, "See, something happened! And I would have got burned if I had approved your leave, because there's no overtime available".

When management approves sick leave that takes the shift below agreed to numbers requiring OT like a week or two out, but wait until the very last second to try and find OT

When you have a certain co-worker that puts in a for 6 o'clock shift EVERY day as soon as the schedule is posted, thus eliminating the possibility for someone to take off early when they really needed to.

When supes won't address leave and they're all like "It's a week away, and something could happen between now and then". And then when someone calls in they're like, "See, something happened! And I would have got burned if I had approved your leave, because there's no overtime available".

This is from Article 24 Section 14 of the Slate book: "Leave requests for future shifts shall be approved/disapproved subject to staffing and workload within two (2) hours of when the request was made, or prior to the end of the shift, whichever is less." Approval/disapproval shall not be subject to conditional circumstances."

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the section, but I take it as your FLM isn't following the contract.

This is from Article 24 Section 14 of the Slate book: "Leave requests for future shifts shall be approved/disapproved subject to staffing and workload within two (2) hours of when the request was made, or prior to the end of the shift, whichever is less." Approval/disapproval shall not be subject to conditional circumstances."

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the section, but I take it as your FLM isn't following the contract.
You're not misinterpreting it. Verbally notify them and if it's not taken care of in the required timeframe above it's an open and shut grievance.

When supes put in a leave request after yours, approve theirs, move a controller over to CIC the shift, which brings it to minimum staffing so your leave gets denied while they take the leave that they requested after yours.
Happens every Wednesday lol.

Back
Top Bottom