“ANY HELP, ADVICE, TIPS OR SUGGESTIONS WELCOME”

Congratulations! That’s awesome to hear. This is my first so all of that added to the start of this opportunity is going to be a lot for me but I’m going to give it my best shot
Just know your CBA and study. Most people get taken advantage of because they don’t know the rules. Pick your battles, but don’t let people walk all over you, even as a new hire.

Just know your CBA and study. Most people get taken advantage of because they don’t know the rules. Pick your battles, but don’t let people walk all over you, even as a new hire.
Could you maybe elaborate more on the “CBA” and how a new hire could get taken advantage of?
It was pretty easy. You get more than enough time to learn everything during class. Don’t need to study much

It was pretty easy. You get more than enough time to learn everything during class. Don’t need to study much
I see answers saying it’s easy but some saying it’s difficult so I suppose it just depends on the person

I see answers saying it’s easy but some saying it’s difficult so I suppose it just depends on the person

It does depend on the person, but there’s a good chance procedures will be written out step-by-step for you to memorize for your evals. That was my experience in en route training.

Going on two skill enhancements since starting labs and my first sector at ZLA and quickly realizing that the spoon feeding ended when I left OKC. You’ll likely have to be a lot more proactive in identifying and rectifying your weaknesses when you get an assignment if your experience is anything like mine.

It does depend on the person, but there’s a good chance procedures will be written out step-by-step for you to memorize for your evals. That was my experience in en route training.

Going on two skill enhancements since starting labs and my first sector at ZLA and quickly realizing that the spoon feeding ended when I left OKC. You’ll likely have to be a lot more proactive in identifying and rectifying your weaknesses when you get an assignment if your experience is anything like mine.
That makes sense. I’m trying to just focus on OKC first and not think too far ahead so I appreciate your input

Don’t get sucked into a group that’s freaking out and studying 8 hours a night. It’s like the blind leading the blind. Find some people who know what is going on and are chill
Perfect man. I have things I need to work on beforehand but Ima pretty chill guy myself so that makes sense

I suggest if you haven't taken a tour of an ATC facility to do so. You mentioned ATL pre employment pop up, so if you live near Atlanta there are multiple facilities to check out.

Biggest advice beyond the academy is when you pass, make sure you pick somewhere that other people would want to go, somewhere with a high turnover rate that'll ensure you don't have to wait years to transfer.

Read the Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM). If you don't have a clue about air traffic control or aviation in general, it gives a big picture look at what you'll be learning. A lot of classroom material comes outta there. Helped me teach myself this shit since they only taught how to pass tests in Pensacola. Don't know how much better or worse the academy is.

Back
Top Bottom